Proof God Does NOT Exist

by Hadriel 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

shepherdless, you have me stumped. when I think of time that always was, is, and will be, -that question does not arise. all we know is that we are moving and that journey had a start 13.8 years ago. Other rules apply before that point in time and a stationary uncreated eternal creator is a distinct possibility, IMHO. so:

to keep on topic, " God(s)" as many think of them do not exist except in our own creation, , but there is a good chance that the universe did not make itself and send itself on the journey through time.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    Thanks prologos. The question has me stumped as well, and has for years, which is why I asked it here.
  • prologos
    prologos
    shepherdless: I have to put that question into the same category, as the one I encountered in the 1930s: "Can god make a stone so big, he will be unable to move it? or re-move it?" thoughts like that show the limitations that we are working with, and sticking to the physics at least gives it a footing in reality.
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

Does that proposition mean that "god" moves in time faster than anything else? And if time is a dimension, can he move back in time just as we can move up/down, left/right, back/forth ?

Just curious

EdenOne

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    People exist, that's the problem.
  • prologos
    prologos

eden 1: In that model, since the creator existed in the distant past, and has not expired, and already is in the distant future, and distance and time are equivalent, (example light/ears, , add cubit to life-length), he would stretch in size too into eternity, that is why the heavens of the heavens could not contain him. that is why he would not have to move to be in the future, given his size, he is already there.

last thought: Could we accept then, that the creator is female, since in that model, the universe and ourselves are growing inside him?

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    If this topic were a football game @prologos would have just run a 9 route for 100 plus yards...brother going deep!
  • Heaven
    Heaven

We still have much to learn about the cosmos.

But the narratives available so far about the existence of 'god' really fall short, particularly when Science and various other disciplines can prove these narratives to be factually incorrect.

prologos said: Could we accept then, that the creator is female, since in that model, the universe and ourselves are growing inside him?

The pagans believe male and female to be equal in the creator ideal. All is divine in their belief system. The big 3 faiths embraced eliminating the goddess. Why do you think that is?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Funny.

God disproved his own existence by choosing the WTS as his "Earthly Organization". :smirk:

• WatchtowerReviewz
    WatchtowerReviewz
    prologos: My answer, has to to do with the concept of time as a 4st dimension. In our world, that did not always exist, we movethrough time, as well as in the three space dimensions. There was no such movement prior to our universe's beginning. The creator (not necessarily "god" as we think), did, or does not move through time .

This sounds like a good explanation but it falls apart when you consider the fact that this is just more wild speculation that is being used to cover another wild speculation.

We don't know what it's like outside of the Universe or what it was like before the big bang. So making the claim that "God/creator" exists outside of the Universe and isn't subject to the concept of time, is the exact same thing as saying that this creator exists in the first place.

It gets us nowhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit