Proof God Does NOT Exist

by Hadriel 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

O.K. here's just a little fun, you guys can run with it.

If God existed would he allow the Whacktower to be in business? Just sayin... lol

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I think a better statement or question would be if gods exsists why would he allow chaos like what we see in the universe. Black holes swallowing up every thing that gets near them. Galaxy's colliding with other galaxy's. Stars blowing up etc.
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel
    @Crazy fair point. On a more personal level something that concerns me is with the 4000 plus religions in the world people are expected to find the right one. Rather tough task.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jesus wouldn't mind select people making up certain dates (1914) on god's own sacred time table and selling these proclaimed dates as alluring vehicles into literature proliferation.

He didn't say you couldn't sell his Gospel !

Selling his Gospel tainted with commercialized corruption as in fear mongering charlatanism is OK .........or not ?

The Watchtower Corporation is still his true, loyal and chosen earthly publishing house.

http://riotwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Inside_Lloyds_of_London-Wikimedia-Commons+Jesus-Floating-Google-Images+Bag-of-money-Flickr-user-401K-2013_v02-980x350.jpg

• elbib
    elbib

Crazyguy,

In the universe both chaos and order (hence the word cosmos) exist:

Chaos means God does not exist

Order means God does exist

Choice is left to individuals

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Turtles that urinate through their mouths.
  • shepherdless
    shepherdless

The best argument I know against the existence of God is along the lines:

If God created the Universe, who created God? And who created the creator of God? And who created the creator of the creator of God...etc

Even though it is a common question asked, including on this site, I have never seen a sensible answer or response to that argument from a believer. Usually they completely ignore it. Does anyone have an answer?

• prologos
    prologos
    My answer, has to to do with the concept of time as a 4st dimension. In our world, that did not always exist, we move through time, as well as in the three space dimensions. There was no such movement prior to our universe's beginning. The creator (not necessarily "god" as we think), did, or does not move through time . He is, because of that, not the effect of a prior cause. He is already in the future, in the eternal unmoving time, awaiting our travel onward through time, as he also was in the past,-- before we started moving through time. I do not have to worry about "turtles all the way down" or causes that existed all the way back into eternity. Time is huge and eternal, and not everybody moves through it.
  • shepherdless
    shepherdless
    Prologos, who or what created this time-lord?
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Prologos, thats just blown my brain completely away

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit