The Last Episode Of This JW Life Is Out Now

by dubstepped 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Dubstepped two thumbs way up for this podcast....it was a great closure to your podcast on your series of your JWLife.

As has been pointed out by others,there is so much we all shared in some form or fashion being in the JW cult that we can relate to.
    I know on another of your threads I mentioned about being a sub-contractor for meter reading for a short time such as you had done. I even did some cleaning jobs to help out a friend that was a JW that did large chain stores (stripping,mopping,waxing buffing etc.)
    The majority of my time as a youth was spent doing carpentry/construction...and we all know if it was good enough for Jesus being a carpenters son that it was good enough for us
    .I'm not knocking it just was never interested in it in the least. I always preferred the science fields such as Astronomy,computer sciences and Technology etc.
    But since those "quick built" Kingdom halls weren't going to build themselves, I was strongly encouraged to stay in the construction trades and not go to college/university
    The end was so close all those decades ago that it was more important to help the society get more real estate and develop them because there wouldn't be time left in this system to even finish a degree.
    What a con job they did on so many of us to help expand their printing and real estate empire.(disguised as a religion for tax purposes)
    Anyway, I just wanted to tell you I really enjoyed your podcasts and hope you can keep doing them to tell others stories because it does help many to hear that they're not the only ones struggling with the fall-out from leaving the cult and also how people are finding ways to overcome their adversities and continue healing.
    Much love to both you and your wife and next time you hug her,give her one for me also
    If she asks why a hug from StoneWall.....just tell her that I know the pain of being shunned by family but that I also know the greater feeling of happiness getting some of them out of the cult.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Thanks StoneWall, I'll give her that hug today.

The similarities in our lives, even small things that in the grand scheme are insignificant, become so much more meaningful in the larger narrative that we all share. Thanks for sharing some of yours with me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit