The Last Episode Of This JW Life Is Out Now

by dubstepped 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

The last episode of my story on ThisJWLife is out now. After leaving the cult of Jehovah’s Witnesses we learned even more eye-opening things about it. Then we applied the same scrutiny to the book that everything we ever believed was based on. Where did we end up? How is our life now? How will I end this last episode of my story? Listen to find out.

Subscribe on iTunes (or Apple Podcast) or Google Play or your podcast player of choice, mine is Podcast Republic to get these automatically.

Although this is the last episode of my personal story, I will be releasing an episode after this about a new project I am working on to help other people tell their stories. If you want to share your story, obviously in one episode I'm not going as long form through everyone's life like mine, let me know. Seriously. No really. I need stories to keep this up, and people don't want this to end. A few people reached out to me before I got my story wrapped up that I think want to tell theirs, but the more the merrier. More will be revealed on that 10th episode when it is released, which will be a few weeks at the earliest as I'm celebrating my 40th birthday with a trip next week and then will be working on it.

http://thisjwlife.com/episode-9-lets-send-this-thing-out-right-where-we-ended-up/

• cellomould
    cellomould

I love podcasts...thanks!

Since we haven't been acquainted, I'll go for brevity with my introduction:

I joined this site in late 2001, having the good fortune to have experienced, prior to Sept 11, 2001, complete and sudden cessation of desire to associate with JWs in their chosen venues. I have decided to start sharing again on this site after many years of inactivity. No, the JWs did not reclaim me. They may have tried, but the end result was just that I got really, really angry. The really hot topic for me, in real life #IRL, since I have not been posting here, has been sexual abuse. It has happened to many people I know, and a few people very close to me.

Thanks for sharing your podcast and I will be a subscriber!

cellomould :)

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Welcome cellomould, or welcome back! I too love podcasts and they helped me wake up, so I made my own. Now that my story is out completely, you can binge, which I like to do.

I'm so sorry that sexual abuse has to be so close to you. It was around me too but somehow I was spared, as you'll hear in my story.

I hope you find something that helps you on your journey.

• cellomould
    cellomould

Thanks dubstepped

• Simon
    Simon

These are great to listen to, definitely recommended.

• cellomould
    cellomould

Simon, it's been a very long time...thanks for all you do!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Just listened to it buddy, and I am honoured to say that SO MUCH of what you speak about mirrors aspects of my life!

Your comments and reactions to things. Your viewpoints and observations - well, we could be clones in many ways.

Great work!

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Aye, I would agree - definitely recommended!

Dubstepped,

Your journey out of the Cult is not completed. It seems that it is really just beginning. "Your take" is coming from a place of deep anger and resentment and is painful to hear. Valuable at the same time for all who are Xs because it well illustrates that the "healing" process is lengthy. Until Loving Forgiveness takes hold and the anger and resentment vanish into oblivion, your "take" on things will still be Cult influenced.

You will be Free in due time. Count your blessings. Love conquers all and it shall.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Beware the rebound. It is treacherous territory.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Actually Old Navy, while there is some anger and resentment, or you could say pain and sadness, it isn't like that runs my life. When dealing with talking about culty things, of course it will be influenced by the cult. It isn't like I sit around 24/7 talking about it. This is a podcast about it. I'm not sure how you can speak to how free I am currently but I have had people like yourself try to tell me where I am and honestly it comes off as projection of one's own feelings onto me.

Thanks for the words, I guess, but my whole life people have tried to tell me how I feel and missing the mark and it's a sore spot for me. More often than not it's another person foisting their feelings onto me. I certainly didn't discuss all of my feelings on everything during the show.

Love helps me understand why people did some of the things they did. Love doesn't erase the fact that those people acted that way. If love means an absence of negative emotions, methinks that's not real love but denial. I can hold love, forgive someone, and yet acknowledge the negative impact of a person or group in my life when specifically discussing them. Feelings are complex and we experience them our own way.

Your characterization doesn't ring true on this end, but I'll take it with what I'm sure was good intent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit