Just don't care?

by rollercoaster 12 Replies latest jw friends

• mommy
    mommy

Hey Rc,
    It is funny, I think you may go through this stage several times.I know I have several times already, everyone is different. Just as recently as yesterday, I put my bible back into storage. But you never know, I may get it out again and take a look, somewhere down the road.

As far as the anger goes, that comes and goes too, I think. It is dependent on what is going on around you and what you have heard of others plight. I personally get very angry and I am saddened by many of the stories here. Again I have to put you guys up for awhile, and restore myself.

I think the most important thing is being able to recognize each stage you are in. If you are aware of why you are reacting a certain way, you tend to take it easier on yourself. And remember we are all here to help out, so if you need to vent, cry, be angry, or just share...we are here.

Logical,
    You said that>>>>The truth is in the Bible and Jesus and the Holy Spirit will help me understand it when I grow some faith and im worthy of their help.<<<<

I am very sorry you feel this way. Actually I had more to say about this, but I think I will stop now. I am gad you realized that you were a follower of man before. And I hope you have learned to recognize the signs, and not do this again. It is a rights of passage growing up, getting burned, and believing in flasehood. But the most important thing you can do is to walk away learning from your experince. Please do not beat yourself over the head for being human.
    wendy

• BugEye
    BugEye

Hey Mommy

I just noticed (60 posts late) your a Jedi Member.

You legend you

Dave

• rollercoaster
    rollercoaster

Thanks for your response to my questions. I appreciate so much what Logical said. I feel like I have been so lied to, and wasted so much time.
    I was going through my storage area in the garage yesterday, and found boxes of books. I want to throw them away, but it's almost like grieving the loss of a friend. (some friend!!). I want to clean up, but seem to avoid it.
    Waiting; we will be married on June 22. It's so strange to still worry about "Jehovah's disapproval". I have been so ingrained with the idea that everything in my life will go wrong because Jehovah will not like what I do. I have to keep reminding myself that he is a God of Love. He wants me to be happy.
    We did get our marriage license over a week ago. We're both pretty nervous and excited.
    I have made connections with my family again. Not sure it's a good thing yet, but since I left the Org., I have been free to make my own decisions. My family is happy.

BUGEYE; You are so funny!!! Well I guess the idea is to "get in touch with your feelings" since the Org., actually teaches you how to stuff a lot of feelings so you don't feel guilty about shunning, and thinking you're better than everybody else.

Anyway, it's a beautiful day here and I have a lot to be happy about. (Just forgot what it is)
    Thanks everyone!!!
    Hugs and love to all.
    RC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit