Just don't care?

by rollercoaster 12 Replies latest jw friends

• rollercoaster
    rollercoaster

When you are coming out of the organization do you ever get to a point where you don't want to discuss religion, and you don't want to think about death and the Bible? I think I'm just riding along right now. I'm taking it a day at a time, and seem to be very outspoken to my family. Almost daring someone to make a harsh comment. I seem to looking for confrontation at times with people I'm not happy with.
    Will this pass? Will I "get over" this?
    RC

• waiting
    waiting

hey rc,

Hope marriage is fine and dandy?

As for the different feelings we all go through after leaving the WTBTS, - there are many.

If you've done any reading on grief and anger - particularily the death of a loved one, or divorce (most likely from a creep imho), even dealing with incest/rape, the steps are amazing similar.

But most of us get through them, even revisit them sometimes. And get fed up and just don't want to think about it, talk about it at times. Other times - we're ready to "go at it" with the first person who says a word to us.

Guess it boils down to human nature.

waiting

• Carmel
    Carmel

Roller,

It'll pass! sooner or later you'll begin to see the humor in it all and next thing you know you'll be laughing at yourself and others and how friggin serious we were about all this stuff. When you can have calm serious convictions and certitude yet be able to examine your assumptions, yer over the hump. Remember, the mind is like a steel trap, it doesn't work when its closed!

eligah who gives big wet sloppy french kisses

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

rollercoaster,

Carmel is right. It will pass and you will eventually be laughing about the past garbage we used to believe as truth that the WT taught us. Sometimes a few feelings of anger come up. Especially when seeing JWs going door to door with the venom they carry.

• Jang
    Jang

When you are coming out of the organization do you ever get to a point where you don't want to discuss religion, and you don't want to think about death and the Bible?

That is the 'norm' RC ....... it is the initial stage of grief .... denial or numbness ...... don't want to think about what has happened.

Will it pass? Yes ..... it will and life will improve and you will feel better.

If you would like some helpful info on how to deal with this have a look at: http://caic.org.au/zleaving.htm

JanG

• BugEye
    BugEye

RC,

Yes it will pass.

Next will come severe depression followed by suicidal tendencies, drug addiction, violent displays of anger, murder, coma and death in that order.

Just kidding. You can feel anything depending upon personality and unless you have a chemical imbalance it will pass, almost everything does or at least reduces to a low level.

Continue to grow.

Dave

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Excellent post Waiting. The similiarities are amazing. Everyone has to go through the process. And everyone's progress and way of handling it is different.
    TW

• logical
    logical

I dont care anymore.

I care about what the Bible says, but as far as another man interpreting it, they can say what they like but I DONT CARE!

The truth is in the Bible and Jesus and the Holy Spirit will help me understand it when I grow some faith and im worthy of their help.

Man merely distorts the Bible to fit their own views or desires, for example one person on here wants to rule the world, so he twisted certain scriptures to point toward him as doing that (I almost fell for it too )

I wasnt even a JW and I was pissed off they were lying to me. I learnt a valuable lesson though, Romans 3:4 "...But let God be found true, though every man be found a liar..."

Trust no-one...

• outnfree
    outnfree

RC,

I'm not at the lashing out point. I'm now at the self-recrimination point. But that IS the point. As the others have said, these are stages, and we WILL get past them. Let's just hope our loved ones survive our moods en route!

JanG,

The link you posted didn't work for me. ???

• Jang
    Jang

That link should have been

http://caic.org.au/zleaving.htm

I stuck and extra 'l' on the end

JanG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit