by StopTheTears 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Are we being Poe's-Lawed?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    vidiot: Are we being Poe's-Lawed?

Possibly

Or Stopthetears is just a JW trying to get their time in.

The other day I was walking in the park and almost stepped in a pile of dog shit. Stopthetears is like that...the dog owner who didn't take bags with them to pick up the shit. The dog owner who doesn't care who steps in their pile of shit

Check out STT's posting history...maybe they are a dog...(s)he takes a dump and walks away...hoping others will get shit on their shoes

• TD
    TD
    God looked down and saw that man was not a complete package. He saw that he could not make it by himself and God said, "I'm going to make someone to complete him. Like a noun with no verb. Like a three sided square. There was something missing in man so He made you to complete him.

I don't think even the JW's teach this, do they?

Blondie? Sir82? Anyone??

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

TD, I can remember something about 'this is at last bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh', because all the other animals in Eden had mates and Adam didn't. The JWs believe he was lonely or something and needed a helpmeet, whatever that means. I think that's from the AV actually.

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, I think there was a QFR from the 60's or maybe it was in a book...at any rate, it had Fred Franz's earmarks all over it.

Something about how Adam, in naming all the animals, never saw one that would serve as a "complement" for him, and this prompted God to make Eve for him.

• TD
    TD

--Didn't the JW's at some point (Franz era??) teach that Adam was "complete" and only became "incomplete" after the creation of Eve? --And that the rib was symbolic of whatever it was that was ostensibly taken from hiim?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

In the OP, the top photo looks like Angela Merkel the moment she realises she's f**ked up Germany by allowing anyone into her country.

"What have I done?!"

• TD
    TD

I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, but here is a reference to the teaching:

This is from the September 1, 1956 issue of The Watchtower on page 533:

"The taking of a rib from Adam and along with it the female characteristics that were originally in him did not make him unhappy. God’s presentation of these things back to him in the form of a perfect woman for his wife ushered him into a happiness he had never known before. His wedding day in Eden was a most happy one."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

TD - "Didn't the JW's at some point (Franz era??) teach that Adam was "complete" and only became "incomplete" after the creation of Eve? --And that the rib was symbolic of whatever it was that was ostensibly taken from hiim?"

Definately sounds like something Freddy would have come up with... :smirk:

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

*I can't help myself....

And God created woman. And she was good. And she had two arms, two legs, and three breasts. God asked woman what she would like to have changed about herself. And she asked for her middle breast to be removed. God removed her middle breast. And it was good. She stood there with her third breast in her hand and asked God what should be done with this useless boob?..... And God created Man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit