Animals were created without needing Toilet Paper ... but not Man ... Why???

by RubaDub 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Of course it isn't cotton,

but it is cottony soft

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

A moments thought will tell us that for most of the time (99% ?) throughout history humans defecated like animals.

Some still do! This BBC documentary states that 70% of Indians (i.e. from India) still defecate in the open.

The use of sewerage and toilets came late in the historical annals. Here's a pik of a Roman public toilet (very few people had private ones).

They loved to have a chat with their mates while they defecated. And no paper in the west until hundreds of years later, so how did they wipe. Notice the gutter in front, it contained water, and some used brushes, others shells and others pottery shards. These items could be rinsed off after use.

And of course in Europe bidets are popular - no need for paper, and in many places (in China) there's a hose pipe (with tap) and you can hose your bum down. That's quite hygienic. Best to have a slim build though.

My most interesting "defecation" experience, was in an old toilet in an old village in China. It consisted of a trench running around the walls of the building (placed about 400 mm from the external walls). The trench had an slope to an outlet, and running water from the start point to wash the "remains" out. In use everyone straddles the trench and let's rip (and some do let rip with sound affects). If it interests you, you get a fine view of the guy in front of you.

You'll get the idea from this pik.

But you still need paper - in those areas its advisable to carry your own.

• Satan
    Satan
    It's because of the position, squat is the original right position, when you poop like that the amount of poop you keep in your bum is very very little, and it all goes out easier.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    What I'd like to know is if Adam and the missus needed to place a towel on a seat that a host would offer.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

fulltimestudent, I'm sorry but I can only give you one like.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Actually, I carry my own baby wipes in my purse. We use them at home, too. Paper is not enough!

We started this practice post-baby once the wonder of baby wipes were revealed to us.

Not that people advertize it, but over the years we've learned other people have adopted this practice post-baby as well.

Costco now even sells "moist flushable wipes, safe for sewage systems!"

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Those are the type of toilets we had in Boot Camp, Army,. The old Roman public toilets...

No privacy....

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Perfect people don't poop. The perfect digestion system would utilize everything eaten by the perfect mouth. The Bible says that Jesus ate and drank, but it never says he pooped or peed... because he NEVER did. Even when Jesus was a kid and his parents couldn't find him, every other parent would look for their normal kid in the bathroom, but Mary and Joseph knew that was someplace Jesus wouldn't ever need to be.

Animals have always pooped and always grown old and died. God made them that way. But he made perfect people to never poop and never grow old and die.

Was this perhaps an additional issue that God added on when Adam and Eve sinned (such as Eve having significant more birth pains)?

It's the "stain of sin." Just like god made the rainbow to remind us about the flood, he made underwear skid marks to remind us about the naked lady eating the apple she got from the talking snake.

Of course there are probably some revilers here who will say, "If we were never supposed to poop, then why do we have buttholes, Billy?" Duh, perfect people have magical farts. Jesus' farts could make the blind see, the lame leap, the dead rise, and lure fish into the nets. Just imagine after armageddon when all the survivors can focus their farts into making a global paradise!

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    Village Idiot : fulltimestudent, I'm sorry but I can only give you one like.

Don't praise me brother, it only encourages me'

But, hey, I can do better (grin)... like this pik showing, "how to do it the Roman way."

And a more 'academic' discussion at this link:

http://flavias.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/ten-things-romans-used-for-toilet-paper.html

But the 'sponge on a stick' could have other uses. Think how desperate a person would have to be to end his life this way.

This historian cites Seneca as a source for the story:

Nay, men of the meanest lot in life have by a mighty impulse escaped to safety, and when they were not allowed to die at their own convenience, or to suit themselves in their choice of the instruments of death, they have snatched up whatever was lying ready to hand, and by sheer strength have turned objects which were by nature harmless into weapons of their own. For example, there was lately in a training-school for wild-beast gladiators a German, who was making ready for the morning exhibition; he withdrew in order to relieve himself, – the only thing which he was allowed to do in secret and without the presence of a guard. While so engaged, he seized the stick of wood, tipped with a sponge, which was devoted to the vilest uses, and stuffed it, just as it was, down his throat; thus he blocked up his windpipe, and choked the breath from his body. That was truly to insult death!

Link: http://www.thehistoryblog.com/

Pottery discs were also used (or, is it a pebble), as in this vase illustration:

Of some interest , is the claim by that same historian that the Chinese (remember they invented paper) were using it to wipe their bottoms as early as the 2nd Century BCE

• brandnew
    brandnew

So a bear and a rabbit were takin a shit in the forrest together, and the bear asks the rabbit "hey rabbit , do you have a problem with shit stickin to your fur?". So the rabbit says " i sure dont mr bear". So the bear wipes his ass with the rabbit. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Mad Puppy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit