Ok, just received my memorial invitation.

by Je.suis.oisif 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lriddle80
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don't think anyone can know when the correct date is anymore. Everything is so messed up with Gregorian calendar vs Lunar calendar. We have leap years for who knows how long.. When was the first official day for humans, from Gods view? It could really be Saturday right now!!

Who the hell knows??? Is there a God who gives a rat's ass???

Early Xians met in private homes and had dinner together, and there is no clear indicator that they only celebrated the memorial once a year. Jesus said to "keep doing it" and mentioned "as often as you do it". Where does the Bible say to remember the death of The Christ only once a year, like we are still under the Mosaic Law and required to attend festivals?? That stuff is done....

DD

• Heaven
    Heaven

It has been my experience that JWs don't know how to answer questions.

Got my invite this week as well. I'm in Ontario, Canada. It was a hit and run. No contact made No door knock and no video shown (I work from home).

Once again, I am busy on whatever date this thing is being held. My sock drawer is a mess and needs immediate attention... on that specific day!

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

Heaven,

I've done everything to do with wardrobes, drawers etc. I've read up on the Maria Kondo's approach and applied it. I threw out the last shoes and handbags associated with my life as a jdub. Its so liberating. So I don't have the luxury of using the sock drawer as an excuse lol. I'm just not going.

• Heaven
    Heaven

jso said: I don't have the luxury of using the sock drawer as an excuse lol. I'm just not going.

There's always the old standby of needing to change the tires on your jeep. Or needing to wash your hair.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They want my answer? I don't mind rejecting Jesus by blowing the whole thing off, but I am not going to waste my time pretending to accept that thing by showing up only to find out that I am in fact rejecting Jesus (and doing it the hard way to boot). And why are they rejecting Astaroth as well by not doing any of the things that honor spring? You know, the eggs, the chickens, the rabbits, the flowers?

As for showing up, they already got Astaroth permanently mad at me enough by getting me to attend too many of those things. I can only hope their electricity goes out (and their backup lighting system craps out) just in time for the "Everyone please find your seats, the memorial is about to start" announcement. And I hope it stays out, everywhere in every venue where these events are happening, for the duration of the events.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Heaven, I like your idea of unrealistic excuses.

How about, "I can't come as I have no one to look after my pet wombat."

• No Longer a JW Brother
    No Longer a JW Brother
    Damn I better get to the memorial if I want to survive the big aramgeddon.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

LOL @ Half banana. I shall add that one to my list.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I accepted the invitation, but asked them why the memorial date this year didn't coincide with the Jewish passover! They responded with " that's the date of the memorial"

It`s Not Easy To get An Intelligent Answer..

...............From JW`s At Your Door........................How Do They Find Their Way Home?

......Image result for Dumb and dumber...............Image result for Confused man

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit