Ok, just received my memorial invitation.

by Je.suis.oisif 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

Mornin' all. Saw the jdubs going from door to door just now. UK time 10:15 am. Pushed myself to answer door instead od hiding. They seemed embarrased to see me. I was polite. I accepted the invitation, but asked them why the memorial date this year didn't coincide with the Jewish passover! They responded with " that's the date of the memorial"

I said " I know, nut why is it a month out this year? Don't we always celebrate this event at the same time as the passover"?

One asked " How, when is the passover"?

I replied " It's 22cnd/23rd April".

No come back, just that they'd be happy to see me. I said sure. Then promptly put it in the waste paper bin.

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    *od & nut should read of & but. Still cant edit posts from my tablet.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy
    I liked it as it was, I thought you were calling the Holy Jovo a nut !
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I'm in the UK as well and nothing through my letter box , nothing last year either
  • jhine
    jhine

I've had one . I'm in the MIdlands . UK

Jan

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    I got mine too but had 2 elders pop round saying they were visiting inactive ones with the invite and the "Return t Jehoover" brochure...which I declined.
  • Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

The eldubs gave up after 2 attempts to speak to me. They're frightened of my husband hee hee. He's a dour burly Scotsman. Even before they'd ever met him. Could count on one hand how many times met in all these years. They'd come to me and say " we're frightened of your husband"! I'd ask why?, since they didn't know him. They told me they had a picture in their heads of an Aberdeen Angus cow. OK. We've been together 43yrs, and a more balanced nicer guy you'd ever hope to meet. We all used to say he's more humble than the majority at the Kh.

Says a lot about how they judge. They must have projected their opinion of me onto my partner and ran with it. Lol!

• Sabin
    Sabin
    They have got the date wrong, I checked it on my worldly calendar. What's the story with that one?
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

This is the last memorial before the big A, so the GB figured they would celebrate it whenever they wanted to. 😎

DD

• lriddle80
    lriddle80
    I read some article that the Jewish calendar was incorrect for some reason

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit