How to Witness to JWs

by Tower Man 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Hamas
    Hamas

His motivation is probably the same as mine....

To show others the truth of the Watchtower, so they will not be hurt in the same way. I left because I learnt the truth; why deny that oppertunity to others ?

www.escapethewatchtower.com

• DJ
    DJ

((((((((((((((((((((((((Towerman))))))))))))))))))))))

I don't want to embarass you but...................This guy has a heart for jw's to help reach them with the gospel of Christ.....Not because he has ever been one but just because he has love in his heart for them and wants them to be free in Christ. I love this guy. He is one of the finest Christian men that I have ever met. AWWWW shux, towerman.....I just had to......

• Tower Man
    Tower Man

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reading my witnessing tips. Hey DJ...I'm blushing!!

I understand that a lot of people on this forum have had it up to here with the Witnesses and want to stay away from them by at least 10 miles. I also know how hurt many of you are because of wicked and hateful Watchtower policy. I'm sorry for that and I feel for you. I witness to a lot of JWs. Sometimes I walk away and ask myself the same question that some of you have posed to me....WHY? At times I feel as though I just beat my head against a wall and the JW walked away still clueless. However, God gives me a burning desire to keep trying. I have seen the lightbulb go off in their heads quite a few times. I have also had some JWs, via the internet, tell me that my site has helped them come to Christ. This makes it all worthwhile for me. I don't take the credit because it's not me who opens their eyes, but God. I'm just a tool. I know this ministry is not for everyone but somehow, for some reason, God wants me in it and I'll stay here till He says 'move on'. I will always respect the feelings of everyone on this forum. If you ever need help from a Christian who loves JWs, let me know and I'll do what I can.

God Bless,

Tower Man

http://www.towertotruth.net

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

I warn those who may be interested in becoming a JW. And I try and help those who have come out of the relgion and need direction. But as for those caught in the middle (meaning the active staunch JW who you can't get to even admit to one error) I leave alone. Been there , done that, and all I got to show for it is a bunch of wasted time. Witnessing to a JW ain't my gift. That doesn't mean others can't be successful at it. I relize that. Just not me.

Uh, that doesn't mean I don't like to have a little 'sport' with one form time to time. Its enjoyable for me to shake up their little world with a dose of reality. Oh yea, I always enjoy that! But I don't hold out any hope that I can change their minds. Nope, not anymore anyway.

Steve

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Some of those suggestions would be good for those who are currently seen as inactive or who were born into it but not dunked. I dunno if I would have much luck with someone who wasn't family but it's worth a shot I suppose.

I liked this one:

4) Ask them to “help” you- Witnesses are trained to help people and answer their questions. Ask questions such as, “Can you help me? I have a question about some of the teachings of the Watchtower Society.” By doing this, instead of battling against their training, you will be using their training to your advantage.

I would probably ask "can you explain this to me?" or something similar

You can then see to what extent they know about the subject. Then you can get back to them with something from their own publications they may plant a seed of doubt.

I think the important point is getting them to come to the conclusion themselves. It's harder to throw away a nagging feeling if it's your own.

-

Ignored One

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit