In History Who Is The Most Influential Person To You?

by minimus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think Jesus Christ was the most influential person in history. Of course some people think he never really existed but everyone has an opinion.

Who do you think made the most influence on you?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Siddhartha Gautama

Born 563 BCE in northern India (Nepal) Gautama renounced his nobility around the age of 30 to seek the answer to why we suffer and how to end it. Gautama obtained enlightenment, thus becoming the first Buddha ("Enlighted One" or "Awakened One"). Gautama professed the 4 Noble Truths, the Noble Eightfold Path, and the Middle Way.

This all created the practice of Buddhism. Buddhism is not a religion, but perhaps the first psychologic study or psychoanalysis. As such, in the 20th and now 21st century, neuro-science and psychology studies are acknowledging Gautama's views on human brain function and thinking. We see medical science now advocating Mindfulness as a means to deal with stress, anxiety, hypertension, and other stress related medical issues.

As asked "Who is the most influential person in history to you?" I would say Gautama has influenced me tremendously. His teachings have greatly impacted my life and helped me reclaim my life.

• minimus
    minimus

Truth, 👍

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Probably this guy …

The epic 1975 boxing match between Muhammad Ali and Smokin' Joe Frazier –  the Thriller in Manila – was famously brutal bot

I'm talking about the guy standing up, not the clown on the floor, lol.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Or maybe this guy …

Three quarter length portrait of sixty-year-old man, balding, with white hair and long white bushy beard, with heavy eyebrows shading his eyes looking thoughtfully into the distance, wearing a wide lapelled jacket.

• exemos
  • stan livedeath
  • Overrated
    Overrated

John Wayne, Budhua, Albert Einstein. Are 3.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Thomas Hobbes

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

My 8th grade English teacher Mrs. Sample.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit