Hellaby UK circuit A$$emb£y this Sunday

by punkofnice 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phuzzy - I hope the WBT$ is on the way out. That's be interesting to see what the drones do.

dozy - Busy work seems to be the thing with them. Keep busy, eat your crap, don't think. 2.5 hours from HELLaby? Are you at liberty to disclose where your party came from?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Dozy, you may not realize that the pioneers are allowed to go to an assembly hall and volunteer there and count their hours. So that means that there would be no work for a bunch of JW volunteers showing up just to help out. Every week usually on mondays the place is swarming with pioneers counting their hours.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

@The Fall Guy

yes they did indeed buy much more land then sell it off in bits and pieces. They even bought Hellaby Hotel, which was in ruins. They restored it, got all the licences and then sold it off as a functioning hotel.

we were told that thanks to selling off most of the original land, this paid for EPAH and the land. That’s why I could never understand how the running costs were so high every weekend. Electric must be very expensive int Yorkshire!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

crazy - That's very interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

AveJo - It's grim oop north, by the sounds of it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The last bit of info received was that they had a Saturday and Sunday session of boredom and hate for all Peterborough and surrounding area. Includes the Deepings, Crowland, Thorney, Whittlesey and oddly enough Corby (that post apocalyptic, pseudo Scottish depression hole in Northamptonshire). Sorry, that's all I can gather.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

this is the old Penines Assembly Hall I believe? goes back a fair few years, didn't they build it in the early 1980's?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

jooky - Yes. I know some that went from my old congo-abongo-I-gregation to volunteer and do night watchman duty.

East Pennine Assembly HallFretwell Road, Hellaby:S66 8LU Hellaby
    South Yorkshire England

• Miss Worldly
    Miss Worldly

I believe there was an assembly there the Sunday before too? ... So it could have been split?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Miss Worldly - I understand the Peterborough bunch were split between last Saturday and Sunday.

I wonder how many I'd actually recognise if I appeared there?

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

@jookbeard

In 1984. We were assigned to that assembly hall and helped build it back in the days when it was fun and you could have stickers and stupid stuff on your hard hats!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit