Are you comfortable with voting now?

by Brummie 34 Replies latest jw friends

• safe4kids
    safe4kids
    I going to vote for a few years and then I'm going to run for president of the United States

You'd have my vote Steve! And hey, what a great excuse for a with and at your house on the (Darn, there's no emoticon for hot tubs).

I voted in the last election and felt great about it. There are so many cool things to do now and I think many of us really appreciate the freedoms we have as they were so long denied to us.

Dana

• Red Witch
    Red Witch

not comfortable with it at all. after trying a few times, it only causes me an anxiety attack. therefore, i don't. playing old tapes i suppose.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I voted for the first time in 2002, and it felt good.

I don't belong to a political party, and think that both the major American parties have their strengths and weaknesses. But I went to the Internet and read up on each candidate, and composed a list of my favorites that I took with me to the polling station (which happened to be a Lutheran church!!).

I have a slightly more optimistic view than some, that many or most candidates enter politics out of a real desire to serve their fellow citizens. Perhaps that changes over time with some politicians, but then we can vote them out of office.

I felt totally comfortable voting because I felt I knew who I was voting for and why, even though most of my choices were not the popular ones.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Yes! sent my voter's registration in last month. Lemmee at em, lemmee at em! No dangling chads for me, pushing that button real good.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Thanks for all the responses and making it all sound so positive.

Talesin, your right, some of the JW stuff is so deep rooted, I think I have dealt with it but still cant seem to take that step and just vote. Strange en I.

Btex, I think Christians are ok to vote, the OT is full of politicall kings etc. It would make sense to vote in a moral leader (if there is such a thing) :) Christians are part of the community and have rights same as everyone else. I can see the logic in it but need to putting it into action...thats where I get uncomfortable.

Thanks everyone

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit