Sunday's Watchtower Study March 18... Another Money Appeal

by BluesBrother 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

January 2018 Issue "Why Give to The One Who Has Everything? "

An unashamed contribution appeal... this one with the most manipulative language I can imagine... It may have been commented on before, but I am going to anyway.

P5 Quote

"Would you not agree that Jehovah is worthy of all the glory and honor that we can give him by offering the best that we have? .....................Likewise today, unselfish giving in appreciation for and in support of the work of the earthly part of Jehovah’s organization is a fundamental aspect of worship."

Notice how contributions are not just to support the Society, but it is giving to Jehovah, and fundamental to the worship.Who can disagree that he is worthy?

Concluding Par 18 Quote.

"Jehovah dignifies us with the opportunity to support the grand work taking place today. He guarantees that we will receive blessings when we give in support of the Kingdom. (Mal. 3:10) Jehovah promises that the one who gives generously will prosper. (Read Proverbs 11:24, 25.) Giving also makes us happy, for “there is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving.” (Acts 20:35) By word and example, we have the privilege of training our children and new ones to appreciate how they can have a share and how they, as a result, can enjoy many blessings."

Nb. He guarantees blessings to those who contribute. That reminds me of the Catholic sale of indulgences in times past, where salvation ensured by a decent contribution.

They are becoming that which they always used to criticise.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

They are going the route of the prosperity gospel just like the other charlatans!

• Tara N Seals
    Tara N Seals
    "the privilege of training our children and new ones to appreciate how they can have a share ..."

Those words appreciate and privilege are waaay overused.

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

The best thing to give the one who has everything....would be antibiotics.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Money - money - money, it's so funny, it's a rich men's world...

G.

• sir82
    sir82

They are increasingly shameless in wheedling for mo' money.

What surprised me was the way the commenters at our local WT study tripped over themselves to express their appreciation for the unparalleled privilege they enjoyed in giving their money away to these charlatans.

Edit: Should have said "increasingly brazen".

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice
    Nb. He guarantees blessings to those who contribute. That reminds me of the Catholic sale of indulgences in times past, where salvation ensured by a decent contribution. They are becoming that which they always used to criticise.

So true... A few years ago while I was still in the lie, I disagreed with someone on YouTube who compared JW to the RCC. I guess it's no surprise that I was shocked and felt insulted in good ol' Rutherfordian-style.

It took TTATT before I got the point he was trying to make. He was right in more ways that I ever could've imagined... how ironic.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

They also advertise as "No donations taken" in the meetings.

How do they reconcile this "beg" for money with the above?

• Teufel
    Teufel

Any "god" that needs money aint no god as far as im concerned.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I knew that when my JDub wife came home from the meeting what she would say. The Watchtower Company are pros at making their workers feel guilty. She said that she needs to put more money in the contribution box to help pay for the fine videos that they see at the Kingdon Haul.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit