Promise Not to Make Appeals for Money

by Sea Breeze 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

"When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the [Watchtower] publication.” Consistent with that, there is no begging for money in the literature of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

What is true of their literature is also true of their meetings. There are no emotional appeals for funds in their congregations or at their conventions. " - When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.” Consistent with that, there is no begging for money in the literature of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

What is true of their literature is also true of their meetings. There are no emotional appeals for funds in their congregations or at their conventions. - Article

Can you think of any instances where the WT has made "appeals" for money?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The last time was in the 2021 Regional Convention videos. It was basically their version of "hit the donate button".

• carla
    carla

In November don't they usually have a 'leave the wt your estate' sort of article? seems like they had an article every Nov. like that for awhile.

• Overrated
    Overrated

It seems like every convention. There is a mention a need for money or not loving money, but give your money to Watchtower for Kingdumb use.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

How can that be true Overrated? The WT publications plainly state that they do not do such things at the KH's or conventions!

See, here it is:

"There are no emotional appeals for funds in their congregations or at their conventions. "

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Can you think of any instances where the WT has made "appeals" for money?

Yes...a few years back I understand that in numerous circuits, forms like this one were given to all family heads as a plea for money:

• Overrated
    Overrated

Seabreeze- maybe I came off unclear. At every convention there is deficit. Outrageous charge for parking and head price to attend. Then, talks about giving your valuables for Kingdumb interest. Willing houses and property to Watchtower when you die. They don't say ask for it directly.....

• Overrated
    Overrated

My Dad is Rancher and Texas Oil man. Without giving to much way. One special needs meeting was directed toward my Dad because the brothers wanted money for a special "Kingdumb Project " how those who are better off should help. No ideal what the project was. My dad never gave them money. And what made it suspicious was the special needs talk was a week after the elder body came to the ranch asking for money.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Overrated, It is difficult to convey nuance with just writing, I apologize. I was being facetious. Thank you for your contribution to this topic.

I was usually troubled by the begging for money at the assemblies. It was easy for me to do the math. If attendance was 3500 and each only contributed $10 that comes to 35 grand. That seemed more than enough to me for a two day rental.

Does anyone know if they were still begging for money at the Assembly Hall conventions after they were built with free labor?

• zachias
    zachias

I remember a convention when the donation boxes were taken off that shortly later an appeal was made for funds as the costs were likely to go past the donations (something like that) then it occurred to me that there is no way the boxes of donations could have been counted in the time before the announcement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit