Why did Jesus have to suffer?? Something I never thought about.

by ttdtt 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy
    smiddy

ttdtt

A good OP ,and excellent comments regarding it.

What more can I say.

smiddy

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Malachi welcome.

Like you I was in for 50+ years and after being out for almost 6 years I came to the realization that I was a JW because that is all I knew. I did it all to please my parents and was taught to listen and obey. Today I no longer believe in anything that requires having faith including God or an afterlife. I am much more at peace with the certainty that I am growing old and will die than having to follow a religion that cannot guarantee salvation.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

WHY JESUS SUFFERED

Biblically speaking, this could be developed quite substantially.

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Joh 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw (not force) all men unto me.

Someone wrote something to the effect:

Love talked about is easily rejected, love demonstrated is far more convincing

• Half banana
    Half banana

The finest revelation in life is to realize that the Bible is a book of miserable and paranoid fictions which now is way past its sell-by date. It has been superceded by testable realities.

The bible is where all the the problems start. First realize it is merely a human cultural record. Get rid of the Bible as an authority, instead let your reasoning on evidence for things dictate how you live and what you believe.

Religion with the Bible is an unholy scam and a harmful misdirection in life.

How can anyone with functioning brains believe "Jesus suffered"? Its just a story!

If he was to be the replacement for God's first human called Adam then the whole idea of a ransom is preposterous since science visibly demonstrates there was no original man.

Wakey wakey believers! become "knowers" about the evidence instead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit