Why did Jesus have to suffer?? Something I never thought about.

by ttdtt 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    the ransom for the sins of A&E is flawed anyway because A&E were not perfect and they were destined to fail , the whole thing is a fraud.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If the imperfect man Job suffered and kept his integrity to the end (everything but death itself -- when death would likely have been a relief), then why did any other human (imperfect or perfect) have to prove the whole issue again? Why did billions of innocent men, women, and children for millenniums have to go through further inhumanity and suffering. Where is the love and kindness in this?

Doc

• Malachi
    Malachi
    Considering the fact that humankind predates the mythological Adam and Eve by many thousands of years makes the death of another mythological person conceived in sin by a god fornicating with a human woman totally meaningless. Anyone believing that sort of nonsense deserves to eat rock hard crackers and wash them down with cheap bargain store wine.
  • stillin
    stillin
    We're Jesus and Adam really equal? Did they both have a belly button? Seriously, Adam was not "born," but Jesus was the "Son of Man." Adam was directly created by God Himself. Whatever perfect means, it seems like the birth process would be similar...
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Christopher Hitchens sums it quite well and provokes some thought on the subject.

The to arrive Messiah was created to appeal to the Hebrews from their own self created mythological teachings, they professed that Jesus was not the Messiah but a prophet or Rabbi who may have taught this teaching and there were actually self proclaimed Messiahs that occurred even before the birth or life of Jesus Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYaQpRZJl18

• Freeandclear
    Freeandclear
    It's all nutty to me. I was still a believer and having a conversation with a good workmate friend of mine with whom I've had many "spiritual" discussions with over the years. We were talking about the "Ransom" and he asked something along the lines of "Who did Jesus pay back the ransom to?" I said "Jehovah" and he said "Why? Why did God need anything paid back to himself?" this totally stumped me and to this day the whole idea of the Ransom makes zero sense at all. It's a foolish idea to me now.
  • Island Man
    Island Man

Freeandclear: "...the whole idea of the Ransom makes zero sense at all. It's a foolish idea to me now."

A JW would find validation in a statement like that. He would say that the bible spoke about the torture stake being foolishness to people of the world way back in Paul's day. And he would be correct.

There is a scripture in the NT that says the message of the cross/torture stake is foolishness to the Greeks/gentiles.

What that actually means is that people way way back in the early days of christianity were smart enough to see the logical holes in it, and that is why they rejected it as foolishness. Christianity cannot stand up to logical and ethical scrutiny by intelligent people, this is why the writers of the NT had to resort to speaking badly about "the wisdom of the world" saying that God made it foolishness. The early christians could not withstand the scrutiny and logic of the philosophers of their day, so they desperately resorted to disparaging their wisdom and condemning philosophy.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    It wouldn't have fed into the Judeo-Christian Martyr complex unless it was all really complicated and someone suffered greatly.
  • atomant
    atomant
    According to the bible jesus was perfect in every way conceivable.Jesus knew who he was and what his purpose of being here was.After all he is gods son.Jesus was able to make fully informed decisions during his life here on earth.Adam on the other hand probably had numerous questions that were probably never answered.Therefore he had doubts.And when you have doubts you make mistakes.Adam made a mistake and we are all paying for it.What a crock.Basically same as sloppy joe said just different way of saying it.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome Malachi ,50 years in and now your out ? their must be a lot of stories there

Glad to have you here.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit