BigRocksFirst

by DevilsAdvocate_DA 20 Replies latest jw friends

• riz
    riz

Hey DA, where did ya go?

I stand by everything I said in my post. Nobody was 'damning' you; I have no idea where you got that notion.

You posted a 'sermon' and some of us had an issue with it's implications. Why take it so personally?

Your 'big rocks' aren't my 'big rocks' and you will just have to deal with the fact that not everyone will agree with you on everything, especially on such a weighty subject as religious beliefs.

I'm sorry if you only feel like you are fulfilling your obligations to god by being led around by the nose and not thinking for yourself. Some of us have grown past that and we don't feel it's necessary to serve god out of fear or guilt. Hell, some of us don't even believe in god anymore.

If you want to preach and have everyone nod in agreement, perhaps you should be giving a talk at the kingdom hall instead of on a forum where individuals aren't afraid to call bullshit when they hear it.

I don't claim to have all the answers, but my conclusions work for me, and leave me with a clear conscience. I couldn't say the same when I was a witness.

rizzy

p.s. Bugs, thanks
    and, everyone else, I really enjoyed your comments. Isn't freedom grand?

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit