Children and Blood Transfusions

by Listener 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• steve2
    steve2

Underneath the cult trappings, it must evoke incredibly mixed feelings for JW parents to realise that secular authorities show far more practical concern for the lives of their little ones than JW org ever would.

Little wonder that current media publicity on Courts overruling parents' "decisions" seldom, if ever, elicits any criticism from either JW parents or their JW spokesmen.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The sad thing is too many Jehovahs Witness parents , due to their subservience to the Governing Body end up with "no natural affection " for their own offspring and are quite prepared to sacrifice them on the Alter to Jehovah , by refusing lifesaving blood transfusions , and also casting them out of their homes and shunning them simply because they dont want to be a part of a cult religion.

The children in this case demonstrate a maturity above that of their parents and are punished for it , and in many cases end up with tragic consequences.

• cobweb
    cobweb
    are quite prepared to sacrifice them on the Alter to Jehovah , by refusing lifesaving blood transfusions , and also casting them out of their homes and shunning them

Or as someone at the last convention might put it:

Being Loyal, like Abraham.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "Underneath the cult trappings, it must evoke incredibly mixed feelings for JW parents to realise that secular authorities show far more practical concern for the lives of their little ones than JW org ever would..."

I've often thought the same.

• rebel8
    rebel8

When I was a young kid in the 70's my nan used to go on about how bad aluminium cookware was and I didn't know what the hell she was on about.

Yeah, that was a big part of their litteratrash back in the day. I remember when I was a j-dub child, reading the old publications, and seeing those nutty cartoons and beliefs about pans/vaccines. The dubbies mostly acknowledged (then) that it was super weird and a product of Rutherford not having the light get brighter yet.

The truth is that the underlying anti-establishment, healthcare conspiracy beliefs continue to linger--born from that time. That inherited paranoia and refusal to believe facts is what's dangerous.

Let's never forget.

• cobweb
    cobweb

I have seen a few of those images before but they still shock me each time. Their manipulative intent is so clear and designed to tap into primal emotions. That is why the phobias remained long after the teachings were abandoned. That guy with the big nose (second pic down) is a Jew no doubt. I think the Nazi party used the same artist.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    rebel8: If it is truly allowed for the parents to just shrug and say, "Oh well, whatareyagonnado?" and remain in good standing, this is a definite change in policy over the last 30 years.

Rebel, your memories of what it was like to be a child, trained to hide medical abuse, makes my stomach heave.

I think that the relief that the parents' feel is that they won't be exposed to the media that would be all over it if they had to go to court. The relief is the sparing of the public shame that they would have to face - and knowing that they would have to face it along with the very real internal shame they will carry until the day they die - the shame of knowing that they let their child die so that they themselves would be saved

It would not surprise me in the least if there are JW children all over the world, right now, going through the abuse that you did, Rebel. Just because a JW child needs a blood transfusion doesn't mean that hospitals, doctors or courts will even know about it so that something can be done.

And the JW parents are placated by the WT nonsense that they have bouncing around in their heads about how bad blood is. Their children suffer because the scenario that involves the intervention of the legal system most often comes as too little too late

6 pages of court cases involving JW minor children and blood

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit