U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Appeal by Jehovah’s Witnesses

by annihilator 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ANNIHILATOR:

Yes, this sounds like bad news for the JW religion!

• LV101
    LV101

Hope these judgments against cult WT are just the beginning of justice. Hard to believe and gives us hope in the court system - finally. Their victories have been off the backs of our military and a distorted freedom of religious magic in this country.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its recent situations like this that show that the general public are getting fed up with religious organizations hiding and concealing incidences of pedophilia within their organizations.

What needs to be done is establish a law to all religions that states that any incidences of pedophilia when made openly aware to the top clergy leaders are to report these situations without hesitation or restriction.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    careful - "Well, the bill for this lawsuit alone now stands at $4.4+ million and it increases daily. The one in Montana has a higher judgement. They'd best start paying up, for it will only get worse as they put off payment and as these new laws extending the statute of limitations for CSA filers kick in."

They'll sell off another handful of KHs to settle up the tab...

...and make it even easier for faders, fakers, and fence-sitters to GTFO.

Everybody benefits.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

While it is true that faders, fakers and fence sitters will be thrilled because they will be forgotten in the shuffle - there is a group of JWs who will not be so happy..I’m referring to ‘needy’ types accustomed to receiving handouts.

With all the halls being sold, combining congregations to travel further - there will be fewer people over time attending. Not just people who wanted out but those who just won’t go anymore. The elderly would be one group. There may be others. What this means is that there are FEWER people to ask money for these ‘needy’.

If this selloff goes on and on...there are going to be some distressed people crying to the elders. What I think could happen is the elders will make cold calls in the territory at the homes of known Witnesses pleading for contribution$.. They won’t care if the JWs are ‘faded’ or ‘inactive’..Don’t laugh at me because I can imagine this scenario happening!

• flipper
    flipper

It's high time the WT Society and it's leaders pay for their crimes against minor children. Perhaps there is justice in the world at times. Peace , Mr. Flipper

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Where are all the apologist Trolls?? Refreshingly silent, eh??

DD 🍺

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Ironic is it not that the WTS/JWs have to pay out penalties and fines just like the Catholics have had to for its own covering up of pedophilia, yet the WTS/JWs in the past pointed out the Catholics for its indiscriminate unlawful actions.

Sometimes I think god really does have a sense of humor.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I thought their belief was to obey Caesar's law unless it conflicts with God's law. So why don't they just turn over the records? I haven't read up on it much, but it makes no sense to me.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They have missed decades of opportunities to cooperate. There’s no reason not to, UNLESS....you’ve got something to hide...like a GB Pedophile..

I wouldn’t be shocked to learn that only those who have had “Slumber/Pillow-Gate Party's” are in the running for GB.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit