Warwick HQ wooden "carved image" on wall - please verify using QR reader

by Fay Dehr 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fay Dehr
  • Fay Dehr
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Elaborate? Are you just pointing out that the JWdotORG QR code is a wall decoration, or am I missing something else? If that's all, what about it?

• Fay Dehr
    Fay Dehr

Hi NeatBlueDog. Maybe I'm making more of this than it is - yes, it's a QR code as a simple wall decoration. Personally, I had the following thoughts:

• Isn't it ironic that it's literally a "carved image"?
    • It's prominently mounted at their HQ
    • Narcissistic, self adulatory smugness
    • Who, or What do they really "worship"?
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Who, or What do they really "worship"?

Good question. I believe that the Organization, (jw dot org), is the golden calf that JWs really worship. Tagging Jehovah's name on to their religion is simply a sales pitch.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Yes Fay I agree, it's pretty obnoxious. Especially the whole 'marketing' angle, going for the young adult demographic 😝 And like you said practically worshipping their own corporate logos 😕

• newsheep
    newsheep

I can't find the picture that was posted here but it was a carved round circle image hanging on their building in blue. I'm not sure but it was either the watchtower logo or jw.org. There were also pictures of the watchtower logo carved right in to their drain covers. Again, I'm hoping some kind soul here can find these pics and post them.

Thank you

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Wow, that is definitely a qr symbol! What is that from? How bizzare. This is far, far from the religion i once knew.

• Fay Dehr
    Fay Dehr

Hi Morpheus. Video is from a recent - very long and mainly boring - webinar at their WHQ. I am going through the video and collating the useful bits...but then I noticed this overt wood carving on the wall and simply HAD to check it out!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I posted my Warwick photos after we were there. i didn't notice any wall codes. https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5178293658583040/mr-dropoff-goes-warwick?page=7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit