Steven Hassan on CNN today

by dropoffyourkeylee 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

MeanMrMustard, there is an update regarding the percentage of medical staff who are refusing to get a Covid-19 vaccine. The percentage has now dropped to only 8%. See https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/28/nyregion/vaccine-health-care-workers-mandate.html which has the title of "Thousands of N.Y. Health Care Workers Get Vaccinated Ahead of Deadline".

["Published Sept. 28, 2021 Updated Oct. 4, 2021"] The article says the following.

"New York State’s pioneering effort to force health care workers to receive coronavirus vaccines appears to have pressured thousands of holdouts to receive last-minute shots, though hospitals and nursing homes continue to brace for potential staffing shortages should the mandate fall short, according to state and industry officials.

As the vaccination mandate went into full effect on Monday, 92 percent of the state’s more than 650,000 hospital and nursing home workers had received at least one vaccine dose, state officials said. That was a significant increase from a week ago, when 82 percent of the state’s nursing home workers and at least 84 percent of hospital workers had received at least one dose.

The jump in vaccinations in the days before the deadline gave New York one of the highest rates of vaccination among health care workers nationally. It was also a positive sign that President Biden’s planned federal vaccination mandate for most health care workers might buoy rates nationwide."

• Roddy
    Roddy

When you know someone who is suffering from an incurable vaccination injury, the favorable odds of you not getting a vaccination side effect doesn't seem comforting. It's like playing Russian Roulette with a 500,000 chamber revolver. What are the odds that your spin lands on a loaded chamber? Well, there are many medical professionals making the informed decision of not taking the Covid shot even given those favorable odds you won't land on a loaded chamber.

(I feel for people who are strong-armed into taking the Covid shot by their governments or employers. It's tough to choose between being able to pay your mortgage or rent and your personal freedoms involving "your body your choice.")

Vaccine injuries are documented but not well known nor widely mentioned. They should be. The CDC has a webpage of known vaccine injuries. You won't see an entry for Covid and its strains. At least not yet.

For FYI anyway ...

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/side-effects.htm

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I look on the internet and there are people who have proof that there was no moon landing, Kennedy was killed by the CIA, the government is storing UFO's, the Sept. 11 attack on the Trade Centers was an inside job, the Democrats are running a child sex ring, the Government is trying to increase control over us, the Covid vaccine contains a micro-chip etc etc etc....

I went to a JW meet-up a few years ago and met a (40 something )former "brother" who seemed completely normal, told me his JW horror story and about his new career and his life since then. Later that evening we spoke again and he began talking about how he'll never trust religion again because he found out that the earth is actually flat and religions believe it's round because the Bible says so in Genesis etc. He began presenting facts and figures that proved to him without a doubt that the earth is indeed flat and that we've all been part of a hoax and nothing could convince him otherwise.

In terms of Covid, I didn't want to get a vaccination. I figured that I probably wouldn't get it but I probably wouldn't be too bad off if I did since I'm in good health and keep fit etc . All I know is what I see. My wife supervises a staff in a local Hospital Lab. The Hospital was completely renovated less than 5 years ago. Three weeks ago because of the Covid deaths, they installed commercial air conditioners in the Hospital Chapel and have converted it into an additional Morgue. Almost all of the patients she is seeing have not been vaccinated. They are not all elderly. There have been children and young people but most are middle age and they are dying. Last weekend one of her JW family members (heavyset 53 year old male) died of Covid. He lives/lived in a small rural town a few hours from us and he and his JW family were /are anti-vaxers. They all got Covid but he didn't make it. Our next door neighbor is a Neonatal RN and has been run off her feet for the last year and a half treating pregnant women with Covid who have gone into labor too early because they are so sick. The babies are premature and have to be separated from the mothers

I was vaccinated 5 months ago and apart from a sore arm, there have been no problems. Our family and everyone I know I has been vaccinated and no one (including several front line healthcare workers), has had Covid or vaccine side effects . I figure that if the FDA and our Government is truly F'd up enough to give 300+ million of it's own people a risky vaccination just to control them, as some people believe, then we've got bigger worries than Covid.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Thanks Pete Zahut for your post. People with the weird ideas you gave examples of should read a book by Carl Sagan called The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark. The book is copyright 1996. The back cover of a paperback edition from 1997 gives a good description of the book - one that is relevant to the discussion about Covid-19 vaccines. It says the following.

"How can we make intelligent decisions about our increasingly technology-driven lives if we don’t understand the difference between the myths of pseudoscience, New Age thinking, and fundamentalist zealotry and the testable hypotheses of science?

Casting a wide net through history and culture, Sagan examines and authoritatively debunks such celebrated fallacies of the past as witchcraft, faith healings, demons, and UFOs. And yet, disturbingly, in today’s so-called information age, pseudoscience is burgeoning, with stories of alien abduction, "channeling" past lives, and communal hallucinations commanding growing attention and respect. As Sagan demonstrates with lucid eloquence, the siren song of unreason is not just a cultural wrong turn but a dangerous plunge into darkness that threatens our most basic freedoms."

Chapter one of the book says the following.

"As amusing as some of pseudoscience may seem, as confident as we may be that we would never be so gullible as to be swept up by such a doctrine, we know it's happening all around us. Transcendental Meditation and Aum Shinriko seem to have attracted a large number of accomplished people, some with advanced degrees in physics or engineering. These are not doctrines for nitwits. Something else is going on.

What's more, no one interested in what religions are and how they begin can ignore them. While vast barriers may seem to stretch between a local, single-focus contention of pseudoscience and something like a world religion, the partitions are very thin."

In chapter two Sagan says the following.

"The dumbing down of America is most evident in the slow decay of substantive content in the enormously influential media, the 30-second sound bites (now down to 10 seconds or less), lowest common denominator programming, credulous presentations on pseudoscience and superstition, but especially a kind of celebration of ignorance."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit