Steven Hassan on CNN today

by dropoffyourkeylee 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I watched the video. Hassan has lost credibility. He pushed the same line of reasoning with Trump supporters. There is no attempt to even understand what others are saying. There is one position, which is gospel truth, and everyone else is just a crazy "anti-vaxer" subject to cult-like mind control and conspiracy theories.

Hassan said in the video that we have to be driven by facts. You can visit the FDA website and read the biologic license document given to Pfizer. You can see, in the document, the dates, how fast it was rushed through. You can see that they skipped the public comment period for the original approval. You can see all the normal tests that have been bypassed, and the FDA's recommendation that Pfizer do those trials as soon as possible.

Also, you can browse the public data in VAERS. You can see the patterns of side-effects coming out. These are facts.

It is really clear : This topic has been politicized, and Hassan is part of that politicization.

From what I have read of the comments by those who are anti-vaxers, climate change deniers, and who think smoking tobacco is not a health hazard, their mindset regarding those ideas (including the way they determine what information sources are reliable) and the way they spread their views are like those of young earth creationists (and others who reject that biological evolution is a fact), people in religious cults, people who believe space aliens have visited Earth and abducted humans, people who denigrate science (even referring to it as a cult), and people with far 'right'-wing ultraconservative political views.
    I am an atheist. I think smoking is unhealthy. I believe evolution is responsible for bio-diversity. I don't believe in space aliens abducting people. I believe in science. Science is a process, not a conclusion. Also, I am fully vaccinated.

Yet, I don't agree with vaccine mandates. I argue in favor of people refusing. I understand the good reasons, based on facts, that cause people to be hesitant (see above). Also, I have personally experienced some of the side effects of the vaccine. Some of my friends in a much more serious way.

So - try to square that circle.

It has been more than 4 months since I took my first Covid-19 mRNA based vaccine dose and according to a number of blog/forum posts by anti-Covid-19 vaxers I should be dead by now or at least in horrible health. Yet, here I am with still excellent health (including normal blood pressure, normal heart rate, normal respiration, and normal healthy body weight) despite being over age 50. About 85-90% of the people at my place of work (of about 500 people) are fully vaccinated from Covid-19, but according to many blog posts by anti-Covid-19 vaxers they should all be dead now or in terrible health as a result of the vaccine, yet the vaccine has not caused them any harm (at least none that anyone knows about). Likewise my sister and my elderly mother took the same Covid-19 vaccine as I did and they tell me they have not detected any adverse health effects from the vaccine (other than the initial soreness at the vaccine injection site).

My parents, nearly in their 80s, have received three doses - two Pfizer, and one Moderna booster. Nevermind that the FDA doc (if you look says mixing them is not approved, doctors are doing it), and they are fine too. Amazing! No side effects at all. On the other hand, my son's friend (13) took the second Pfizer dose and had his face swell to the point he couldn't see, and he puked for the next 24 hours.

The "anti-vaxers" are not saying that you are going to be dead in 4 weeks. They are pointing to real-life, factual, reporting of side-effects, experienced by real people in VAERS. Its not just about the number of reports, but when patterns around the side-effects begin to form, the reasonable (ANTI-CULT) behavior would be to take note. Or do you think your two-year study of philosophy and logic disagree?

https://openvaers.com/

https://www.fda.gov/media/151710/download

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yeah, it’s not logical to say you would be dead if you hadn’t taken the jab, because you don’t know that to be true, just as I can’t say for a certainty that I will get myocarditis from the jab.

The reality is that SARs-COV-2 is man-made and it’s a crap shoot. So are the jabs. We know for a fact that the Spike Proteins do not stay at the injection site as promised, but circulate through the body and for some this is deadly. The manufacturers were required to list the possible adverse reactions, so it’s easy to prove the dangers.

What hasn’t been done is to allow robust and public debates on natural immunity. I had Covid, so they say, and there was ZERO vaccines available at the time. I’m alive and well. I have no intention on taking the jabs that don’t work for long and don’t work on variants, and don’t do anything but maybe reduce the severity of your symptoms. Proper prevention and early treatment is proven to do the same without the risks of the jab.

DD

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Hi LongHairGal. I appreciate your comment to me. I also hope that those (not just myself) who took a Covid-19 vaccine will not be harmed by it (though I know that some, hopefully only a very minuscule percentage, will have some severe adverse effect from it). I know that some (but to my knowledge only a minuscule percentage of people who took it) already have had a severe adverse effect from it.

Before taking the Covid-19 vaccine I was hesitant to take it, due to some of the things I read about it. I researched it before taking it. After taking it I read a lot of negative things about it on certain social media sites (including this site) and I became somewhat fearful that I made a mistake by taking the vaccine. Weeks later after talking to some of my friends (and my mom and sister) who took it and after doing more research I became confident (though not 100% confident) that I made the right decision.

I also hope that those who choose not to take the vaccine do not get a really bad case of Covid-19.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Hi pistolpete. You made many good points in your reply to me; I appreciate that. But regarding the claim of whether or not I recognize the difference between anti-vaxers and those who choose to specifically not take any Covid-19 vaccine, at least the ones currently available, at least for the time being, consider the following.

I know that not everyone who is against taking the Covid-19 vaccine is an anti-vaxer. I thus did not create an error in logic in that matter. I know that many people who have taken vaccines in the past and who intend to take them in the future, specifically chose not to take (at least for now) a Covid-19 vaccine.I apologize for not making it clear in my earlier post that there is a difference between being an anti-vaxer and from being specifically against taking a Covid-19 vaccine.

I know that many of those who chose not take the Covid-19 vaccine did so as a result of ample research on the subject. But I also know there is a lot of disinformation on some social media sites, probably especially sites where people earn money by getting many people to view their comments (including videos) and to post favorable comments about such content. I also understand it can be very hard to decide what information is correct or incorrect or a combination of the two.

Even I was initially hesitant to take any of the Covid-19 vaccines. Also before taking any other vaccine (such as a flu vaccine and tetanus or TDAP vaccine) as a adult I did research about how those vaccines are made and about their degree of safety before taking them.

Regarding degrees I have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration. I had wanted to get a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering and to become an engineer/inventor but it didn't work out. Since early childhood I also wanted to make a major scientific discovery and to be an inventor. I congratulate you on your two degrees.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Hi MeanMrMustard. A person I personally know, whom I have heard warning people not to take a Covid19 vaccine, and who listens to a talk show program on a Christian AM radio station which says numerous scary things about the Covid-19 vaccines, told me that according to the people on that program I will probably be dead in 6 months. That is part of the reason why I said that some anti-Covid-19-vaccers say people (including me) will become dead within 6 months after taking the vaccines, or at least have severe problems within 4 months (not four weeks). Also a medical doctor in Canada has videos in which he say that many people who took the vaccines (which he had administered) very soon developed serious clots in their capillaries and he said that within 4 years (I think that was the length of time he stated) that about 2/3 of the people receiving a Covid-19 vaccine will be dead as a result. That is also part of the reason that I said what I said about being dead (or severely harmed) in 6 months.

Like you, I also am not in favor of mandatory vaccines.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me about my post.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Disillusioned JW:

Yes, and?

Do you judge science by the teachings of Scientologists?

Do you judge conservatives by the rantings of Richard Spencer?

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

MeanMrMustard, I judge science by examining science and what scientists say are their discoveries of science. Scientologists (as a group) are not scientists, though they might have some members who are scientists (though not scientists of Scientology since Scientology is not a true science).

I determine what many conservatives believe and say about conservatism by examining a sample of statements made by a sample of conservatives (such as a number of people on this web site and a number of conservative spokespeople in the news media).

Regarding your question about Richard Spencer, I don't think I read anything by him nor ever listened to him. But, I determine what neo-Nazi people and antisemitic conspiracy theorists believe by reading a number of their writings on those subjects and by listening to some of what they have said on those subjects. For example, I have read a portion (in English) of Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf's autobiography book, a portion (in English) of some of his speeches, and the political platform of the American Nazi Party (ANP).

dropoffyourkeylee, thanks for creating this forum topic and for posting the link to the video about Steven Hassan. Despite a number of the views posting in this forum topic about that video, I agree with what Steven Hassan said in the CNN video.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

MeanMrMustard, regarding the official Covid-19 documents that are publicly accessible on the FDA website which you specifically mentioned, maybe I will access those documents at some point, especially after the government says I qualify for a Covid-19 booster shot. Currently I am not enthusiastic about taking a Covid-19 booster shot.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Disillusioned JW:

I'm not sure you got my point. It's fine to read any of that stuff. It's fine if you haven't. But you can find someone saying anything if you look hard enough.

In NY, the vaccine mandates are going to put approx. 20% of nurses and doctors out of work because the nurses and doctors are refusing to take the vaccine. Why? These aren't the people saying the vaccinated are going to be dead in 6 months (or whatever time period). Rather, they are the ones dealing with the direct fallout from these adverse events.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Months ago I heard of some nurses refusing to take the vaccine and that gave me concern, but I found little information about their reasons and the news media (at least the kind I access) discredited their actions. When I told a Human Resources woman at work about it (before I got the vaccine) she said most nurses have no more than very little knowledge about medicine and thus she discredited the choice of those nurses. Also when I told the pharmacist who was administering the vaccine to me, about those nurses and others having concerns about the vaccine, he dismissed them as anti-vaxers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit