how to not get in trouble when addressing your comcerns about the organization during a shepharding call

by nowwhat? 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

So just finished telling your concerns about the pedophiles cover up, failed prophecies, revisionists history and lack of financial transparency. Etc. So elders ask you THE questions. " So does this mean you don't want to to be a jw anymore? So you say. " if somone draws attention to what's wrong with this country does that mean he doesn't want to be an American anymore? No it's just the opposite it show he loves his Country and wants it to change for the better!" then they ask "do you believe Jehovah is directing his organization today?" " the best evidence of that is first and foremost he would be directing them to be honest in all things" watch the fun and hijinks ensue as the leave scratching their heads!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Nice........... great comebacks. Getting them to remember that they have responsibilities to Jah is foremost. Unfortunately the Elders and SC are company men and it's easy for them to forget who they really are supposed to be working for. Not to mention the flock.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I'd keep it to the child molestation cases only to be safe. All the rest is the regular old "imperfect men" and "where else where you go" narrative. By keeping it on that one and only issue, they have no defense.

A simple "I will wait on Jah" to cleanse the org before they leave allows you to send a message and wait, outside the KH that is, indefinitely.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Hope you don't mind, but I am using this...I got the CO coming over this week to "help" me. Should be good! For some reason, after 6 months of no FS time, no meeting attendance to speak of, they want to see me.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

watch the fun and hijinks ensue as the leave scratching their heads!

Great advice. I may add to those who want to use it, please take a deep look at what you're doing remaining in that organization.

Back in the day i just downright lied about my interest in remaining a JW so they could leave me alone. That is as good as anything, after all, I didn't want to play by their rules. It was important for me to feel that I was the one calling the shots, not them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Simpler to just avoid a "shepherding" call, wouldn't it?

Although, I did like this bit:

"...the best evidence of that is first and foremost he would be directing them to be honest in all things..."

:smirk:

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Tell them the GB makes mistakes when it comes to interpreting the Bible. You'll know which Elder is studying the WT, and which one is not.

DD

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    "Do you believe Jehovah is directing his organization today?"

How can He guide His organization if the Governing Body is neither inspired or infallible? If He guides the Society, He has to inspire them, and if it's God's inspiration, it cannot fail; therefore it's infallible. So how can Jehovah guide without inspiration or revelation?

• prologos
    prologos
    then they ask "do you believe Jehovah is directing his organization today?

nowhat?--answer: who else would be? obviously he is watching watchtower, keeping it going to see what "heavier judgement" he is going met out, including to you.

James 3:1,subtly remind them they are the ones that are in trouble, setting up their judgement, that starts with the "house of god"

• smiddy
    smiddy

Another one could be :

Brother so &so ,could you please help me to answer a return visit I have that asked me to show thim in the NT/christian greek Scriptures one that says we should witness for Jehovah ? Just one ?

I`m having trouble finding one with the publications ,Bible that I have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit