Another family needlessly torn apart

by Visitor1984 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

I'm not sure how to respond to that. I was a JW myself, but I stil can't fathom that level of callousness. And over a Christmas tree? It is truly breathtaking...

It's as if some JWs have achieved a level of emotional suppression that even a vulcan could envy.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Send her the awake article on piƱata s and how it's ok for Mexican JWs even though it was used to celebrate the birth day of the Aztec sun god . Then mention Romans chapter 14 which says it up to the person. Also Colossians chapter 2 also says holidays are ok. Also you could mention Jobs children celebrating thier special day. Call her and her religion for what they are hypocrites!!!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I'm really sorry. It shows that they have lost all natural affection, which they accuse "the world " of doing. It also shows that as the ARC tried to point out, you can't just walk away. You can fade, but you can't hide, and are subject to their rules, their game, unless you disassociate.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

It was no less a star in Jehovah's GB firmament than Jumpin' Jeff Jackson who asserted and affirmed that faded JWs who had Christmas decorations but were not trying to drag other dubs out with them, would not be subject to harassment by elders.

The recorded sessions are all on youtube, if you haven't watched Jackson being questioned it's well worth your time. You can copy and paste this link:

[Day 8; Part 1]Governing Body, Geoffrey Jackson - Jehovah's Witnesses Child Sexual Abuse: 2015-08-14

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

"If it doesn't feel right, follow your gut, it probably isn't."

That is the quote of the day.

• steve2
    steve2

It is my hope that sometime soon you and your lovely husband will look back on his mother's brazen act of emotional blackmail and realize it has freed you both to live your lives without apology or worry over what others think.

My situation differs from yours in so very many ways but the principle is the same:

The day I was kicked out was the day I knew I had to "grow up" and take responsibility for my life. You and your husband deserve more than being manipulated by other family members' religious condemnation and manipulation. Best! steve.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Visiter, I feel sorry for this unnecessary shunning, all because of a tree! If only these witnesses would be just as sensitive regarding the UN hypocrisy and ARC lies... sigh...

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

That is unbelievablbly sad

I feel the pain.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I agree with Steve. You will look back on this and feel that the day she told you she was cutting you off was the first day of true freedom for you. You don't have to worry what others will think anymore. You're done with that, you've done it long enough.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I am so very sorry for the hurt you and your husband feel. I am sorry for the pain of missing the relationship you wish you had, or could have, with your husband's mother. But always remember, it is ALL her choice. You go on and live happy lives. Remember you did NOTHING wrong. NOTHING wrong.

Time will heal the wound of this callous shunning to the point of not stinging so much. But remember, never once do you or your husband ever take on the blame the mother in law is trying to place.

You wish for love and acceptance. It is HER choice within the mind control of that cult. You have no control over that, unfortunately.

(((((HUGS) to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit