Who has made an unforgivable sin against the holy spirit?

by atomant 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• atomant
    atomant
    We all sin and some sins are worse than others but blasphemy against the holy spirit is said to be unforgivable.What is considered to be an unforgivable sin?
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What is considered to be an unforgivable sin?

Taking the Last Beer in the Fridge,without putting More in First..

.........................Image result for Taking the last beer in the fridge

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

We all sin? Really?

Who determines what is sin? You? Your holy book? Your invisible friend in the sky?

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Voting for Donald Trump. Not reporting pedophiles to the police. Animal cruelty.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. - Matthew 12:31-32 New International Version

Why should blasphemy against the Holy Spirit be unforgivable when blasphemy against Jesus was forgivable? Wasn't the Holy Spirit working through Jesus? Blasphemy against the Son should be blasphemy against the Father and Holy Spirit.

• zeb
    zeb

Hmm thats one I have been curious about as we are all imperfect and are often in some fairly grinding situations in life.

any offers; I don't ever recall it being covered in any wt presentation.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain
    If you are one of the GB's sitting on the thrones in Brooklyn/NY state, calling yourselves " the faithful and discreet slave ", and " the only channel that the Almighty God speaks to humanity ", then YOU are sinning against the spirit.
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    I think the GB's whole point in bringing this up is to make people think they have denied the holy spirit, if they deny that the GB is the FDS. They want people to be scared of committing the unforgivable sin. What they are saying is that if you speak against the GB there is no forgiveness for you. It is just more fear and guilt.
  • talesin
    talesin

Me! Me! The UNbeliever.

As a JW, I thought 'blasphemy' was all about g-d. DOH!

• smiddy
    smiddy

I don`t think J.W`s / G.B. have ever defined what exactly is the unforgivable sin have they ?

I remember a question from readers 20+ years ago , somebody asking about that and the answer was if your asking the question and concerned about it , you obviously haven`t sinned against the Holy Spirit .

I have been out for more than twenty years so maybe things have changed. Yes ? No ?

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit