Witnessing to two JW elders

by Roger Kirkpatrick 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tallon
    Tallon

Great post Roger, and welcome to the site.

Hopefully those two elders will really think about what you have told them. Best of all, you referenced everything out of the WTS own publications.

• Roger Kirkpatrick
    Roger Kirkpatrick

@Listener, you wrote:

<<As regards the point about the GC being 'spirit begotten sons' due to their being in the sanctuary, I hadn't heard that before so appreciate you mentioning it.>>

The Watchtower's comment about serving in the sanctuary being representative of their spirit begotten condition while on earth is *not* said of the Great Crowd; however, since Revelation 7:15 clearly places the GC in the sanctuary, it naturally applies to them as well.

Prior to 1935, the Watchtower taught that all Christians were spirit anointed, though there were two classes. The hope of everlasting life on earth was understood to apply to non-Christians. Rutherford hatched the whole idea of two classes of Christians having separate hopes.

• millie210
    millie210

Hi Roger,

In spite of being a life long JW (previous to now) I didnt have a clear understanding of the topic this thread is about. I didnt even know I didnt understand it quite frankly.

I really appreciate your posts for their clear and easily understandable points.

I am glad you are here and looking forward to your future posts!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Well done Roger. Clear and concise. Every one of their unique teachings is extra-biblical.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Nicely done except the wt does some fine dancing around the word Naos to explain away how their teaching is not wrong. Of course their lying.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Wow- I'm surprised they interacted with you long enough to go through all of that.

Could you tell me where in the July 2009 Awake I can find the quote? I'd like to real the whole thing in context!

• Roger Kirkpatrick
    Roger Kirkpatrick

@mentalclarity wrote:

• <<Could you tell me where in the July 2009 Awake I can find the quote? I'd like to real the whole thing in context!>>

I can't be any more specific than in my original post. It's the article, "Is It Wrong to Change Your Religion."

• Vanderhoven7
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

All you have to do is turn to revelation 19 where it clearly says the great crowd is in heaven

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Thanks @vanderhoven7 and Roger Kirkpatrick. I was having trouble finding it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit