JW's know how to guilt trip....

by HereIgo 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Do you really want to see your 3 year old daughter destroyed?"

Back in 1984 when I was newly married and our first son was a newborn, I was missing meetings during the week because I was taking some night school courses to get certifications I need for my job. The Elders came calling on us and warned me of the spiritual dangers of missing meetings and pursuing and education in this time of the end. One of them said "You wouldn't want to have come this far just miss out on everlasting life and have some other man marry your wife and become your son's father would you?"

That guy is dead 15+ years now and the other one was DF'd a decade or more ago for cheating on his wife and 5 kids. Since then the oh so important "Bookstudy" was eliminated and the meeting times have been reduced. I'm still here and my marriage, family (including our 1st grandchild) and employment are intact. In fact, as of last week I can retire early (still in my 50's) and start drawing my pension.

Just sayin"...

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

You were brought up in the truth, how can you turn your back on what you know is right?

We're so close to the end, this is no time to leave now!

Don't you want to see Grandma when she comes back? It will break her heart if you don't make it through Armageddon.

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

My mum to me on her death bed,

"Please get back to being strong in the truth, get back to being a ministerial servant again"

This was 3 weeks before she died. Nice guilt trip, but she thought she was doing the right thing.

My sister's also have said to me on occasions, "keep in the truth, mum and dad will be looking for you in the new system, and what if your not there, we will all be looking for you"

They don't know how faded I am as yet, but still sowing seeds with them when I get the chance.

WGO

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How about the classic : "you must be a secret sinner if you choose to leave the truth"

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

The dubs are all trained in their theocratic warfare and are good at using emotional black mail, passive aggressive guilt tripping etc. I have not step foot in a kingdum hall, outside of attending my parents memorial services, now for about 15 years and have being in active for about 30 years yet some of my family members still use these sleazy tactics. I really do not think they know what they are doing but it is due to the brain washing, mind control cult. I know when I was in I used the same type of tactics.

Back in 1984 when I was newly married and our first son was a newborn, I was missing meetings during the week because I was taking some night school courses to get certifications I need for my job. The Elders came calling on us and warned me of the spiritual dangers of missing meetings and pursuing and education in this time of the end. One of them said "You wouldn't want to have come this far just miss out on everlasting life and have some other man marry your wife and become your son's father would you?"

I recall back in the mid 80's my ex father in law having a pep talk with me about how short the time of the system is and it was not time to play around in it. A few years later he was stumbled by what some elders said to him and he is no longer a dub to this day. If I ever see him I should say, oh gee I guess the time is getting really short now, time to jump back in.... You know growing up we were told we would not even graduate in this old system. That was 45 years ago and I had a career and I am now retired also.

Don't you want to see Grandma when she comes back? It will break her heart if you don't make it through Armageddon.

This one makes no sense to me because as a dub we were told that in the new system that those memories would be whipped from our memories. So in the dubs teachings, old grannie would forget all about you if you did not make it through into the new system.

• Arthur Others
    Arthur Others

Not to me personally, but I've heard others being talked about..

"Oh they'll be back, everyone realizes it's the truth sooner or later"

"They'll realize they can't really have Jehovah's love if they're not doing his will (going out in service)"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The WTS has raised guilt-tripping to a f**king art form.

Hardcore JWs can do it in their sleep.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

When I left the org, the JW's tried their best to guilt trip me. Some of the questions I was asked and things I was told:

"How could you POSSIBLY be happy outside of Jehovah's Organization?" (watch me!)

"The world will eat you alive and spit you back out!"

"Why don't you just humble yourself and talk to the elders?" (because they are men maybe?)

"The elders might DF you, but they might not, just talk to them"

"Do you really want to see your 3 year old daughter destroyed?"

"I know you are not responsible for them, but what do you think all of the young bros will think when they see you leaving?" (reminded me of Charles Barkley, I am NOT a role model for your kids )

"What does the world really have to offer you?" (idk, sanity and freedom from cults?)

Did anyone else experience guilt trips and shaming?

Sounds like my parents raising me. In fact, in my experience most organized religions act this way. Trying to guilt and/or scare people into staying "in line" with them and their purpose goes to the core of most religious organizations I know. Christianity is a very guilt- and shame-based religious philosophy.

And yes, there's absolutely no mercy. They are more than happy to shun their own loved ones over their Jehovah. That right there tells you how "loving" they are.

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

Scatchme, you are spot on. it is very shame based and there is hardly any love shown!

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

redpilltwice - I would love to ask this person why Jehovah didn't bother to tell us that blood transfusions are a sin until fairly recently in human history. Did he want all those people to sin and doom themselves before he made his views on blood perfectly clear? And why did it take him millennia to "correct" his mistake? Hmmmmmm?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit