JW's know how to guilt trip....

by HereIgo 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

When I left the org, the JW's tried their best to guilt trip me. Some of the questions I was asked and things I was told:

"How could you POSSIBLY be happy outside of Jehovah's Organization?" (watch me!)

"The world will eat you alive and spit you back out!"

"Why don't you just humble yourself and talk to the elders?" (because they are men maybe?)

"The elders might DF you, but they might not, just talk to them"

"Do you really want to see your 3 year old daughter destroyed?"

"I know you are not responsible for them, but what do you think all of the young bros will think when they see you leaving?" (reminded me of Charles Barkley, I am NOT a role model for your kids )

"What does the world really have to offer you?" (idk, sanity and freedom from cults?)

Did anyone else experience guilt trips and shaming?

• notalone
    notalone

Here's one:

So how are you?

Well, I'm not dead yet, so your not bloodguilty.

• Chook
    Chook

I never heard promoted in JW literature the theme " I want mercy "

• skin
    skin

Don't you believe that this system is nearly ended?

Don't you want to meet your dad in the new world?

Why don't you want to be a witness anymore?

Why would you want to leave our spiritual paradise for Satan's doomed world?

And the list goes on....

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

Mercy is not in their vocab

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"I'd hate for [so-and-so] to hear that you are now [insert word of your choice: inactive; df'd; divorced; gay; etc]"

But somehow, they don't seem to understand: "But what if I don't give a shit what [so-and-so] thinks?"

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

"...but surely you don't blame Jehovah do you?" To mother of young girl abused by elder, answer " ..yes, of course I do, you say it's his organisation so he is responsible for his sheep and is either non existent or to blame!"

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

You are just rebelling! You know this is the truth (35 years after I left, at age 50)

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

I had this one in a concerned email last week:

"Even if you are right about 1914, it's not up to you but up to Jehovah to correct mistakes".

Sigh... he just didn't get my earlier point that it's a core teaching. If it changes, everything else changes. No god would allow a true end-time prophet to proclaim such misleading "truths" for so many decades.

So, the guilt trip should be on him for lying to people in the name of Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit