More misleading content on JW.org

by Anders Andersen 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    What is “the end of the world”?
    The phrase “the end of the world,” which appears in many Bible translations, can also be rendered as “the conclusion of the system of things,” or “the close of the age.” (Matthew 24:3;English Standard Version) It refers, not to the destruction of the earth or of all humanity, but to the end of the framework of human society.—1 John 2:17.

Conveniently leaving out that according to current numbers and doctrine, 8.000.000 people will survive at max.

Technically is not a destruction of all humanity....but it comes so close it deserves to be mentioned.

Of course it isn't mentioned, because that would sound so extreme, cultish and unkind. We wouldn't want people to get the right ideas about JW.organization now, would we?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Yes the framework is gone - (and 7 billion people - but don't tell anyone at the door that cuz they will think we are NUTS and a Cult! Wait till they are hooked and can't get away!)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Let me get this straight, watchtower. When you say the end of the world, you don't mean the end of the world?

Okay, I got it. So when you say the Governing body loves you, you mean something different?

• sparrowdown
  • aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

'It refers, not to the destruction of the earth or of all humanity'

Just the 99.9% of humanity that don't attend a kingdom Hall......well that's cleared that up then.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Insight Book definition of a lie:

The opposite of truth. Lying generally involves saying something false to a person who is entitled to know the truth and doing so with the intent to deceive or to injure him or another person.

So we have intent to deceive, so that means it qualifies as a lie according to their own definition.

But wait.... maybe a visitor to the website isn't entitled to the truth.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

More misleading content on JW.org

Who expects Watchtower to tell the truth?..

Watchtower is caught in lies on a regular basis...... JWs regularly lie for the WBT$..

The only people who don`t know,everyone else knows.....The Watchtower and JW`s Lie..

Are the Watchtower and JWs..

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/10_1_138.gif

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

My personal pet peave is the term

'Lying for the Truth'

liar, liar, pants on fire. Lying to everyone. No one is entitled to the truth. Not prospective converts, rank and file or elders. Lying as a way of faith is what the WTS is all about.

Now, if you know that. How on earth could you make the decision to stay?

It truly does boggle the mind

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

The problem:

Does the idea of "End of the world" contradict "Armageddon"?

EoW means thus: framework of society ends [no punishment, no destruction necessary, peaceful transition into new world possible]

Armageddon means: INTERVENTION for gods people (but only if necessary) This does not mean coercively innihilation and certainly not revenge

Then why someone is afraid of Armaggedon? Only because it is called a "war"? Lately Armageddon is nothing more than figurative speeking about how horrible could be the ultimative consequences of a world without a sense of duty, love and respect. Sometimes I think that we have already today a little figurative Armageddon.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The End of the World isn't the End of the World. . . . .

A generation isn't a generation. . . . ..

Antitypes aren't really antitypes. . . .

Most anointed aren't really anointed. . . .

Blah blah blah blah . .. . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit