Everybody's getting old

by neat blue dog 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

At an assembly in Texas is it me or are there not too many young folk about πŸ˜‰

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The younger adults these days aren't having as many children as the previous generations did and they are also a bit more educated and aware to commercialized religious frauds (cults) made by dishonest corrupt men.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just looking at how many are walking or standing around, and how many empty seats have articles of clothing clearly visible in the picture, I would guess that it is during the lunch intermission or shortly before it is supposed to start. Meaning the place will probably be packed once the program starts. And it is the younger crowd that tends to wander more in places other than the auditorium (such as the lobby), leading me to believe there could be more youngsters at the a$$embly than are pictured.

However, I would be led to believe that most of the youngsters that are elsewhere are between age 12 and 17. People of that age group are most prone to wandering around these places unsupervised (aside from hounders that are supposed to be attendants). Younger children also tend to play in the lobby or cafeteria, so there could be a number of those as well. But, encouraging is that I see no baby paraphenalia (no strollers, baby seats, or diaper bags), hinting that few to no 18 to 30 year olds are in the place.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NEAT BLUE DOG:

When I went to a funeral talk over a year ago I was struck by that same thing. Maybe there were a couple of underage children or grandchildren.

I think when the last of the elderly (late 80s+) pass away that’s going to be it for the religion. These people view the religion in a saintly way...These are the people with the most disposable income. They threw $ around like confetti..In the past they were the ones who paid for all those worthless kingdom hall renovations. The halls later got sold. They also gave money to pioneers who never wanted to work, etc.

When these elderly are gone NOBODY is going to do what they did. It will be the end of an era.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Maybe the tech savvy younger ones are attending meetings virtually.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

They also gave money to pioneers who never wanted to work

Ain`t that the truth ,I knew a few of them in my time.

In the past they were the ones who paid for all those worthless kingdom hall renovations. The halls later got sold.

What a scam that was/is and the poor suckers who took part in quick builds / renovations who spent their time money and energy were/are expected to do it all over again.

And I was one of them
    If you go by this photo and what you say is true this religion would only be a shadow of what it is today in 20-30 years time.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Bluey - are there not too many young folk about

It looks like there are not too many of any age person around.

I looks emptier than a politician's promise.

Why do they even bother?

• tiki
    tiki

That is an assembly hall? Doesn't look very big...but perhaps the photo captures only a small section. But....I certainly hope there are few if any 20 somethings, generation xers, millenials, etc there. They're far better off elsewhere living a real life.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I have been out for over a decade. I started to fade in my early thirties and was completely out by 35. I found that people I grew up with were mostly in, but only for show and family. Most of their children got out right after high school.

I know that assembly hall. That is about 1/6th the seating in the auditorium. There is a massive dining area. There is also a paved walkway that you can walk outside that goes around the property like a nature walk. That assembly hall is out in the middle of nowhere and is surround by wild lands as far as the eye can see.

• sir82
    sir82

It would be interesting to see an accurate demographic study of US JWs.

I suspect that the percentage of JWs would be normal for ages under 20 and ages 50+, but I suspect that it would be much lower than expected for ages 20-50.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit