Rumor: Discouraging news from GB at upcoming CA?

by bohm 77 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

KAIROS:

Sadly, what you say makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately, some people there would be stupid enough to contribute to an "invisible" organization.

-Even though it's so crooked, being sued left and right and kicking out long time volunteers who were gullible enough to believe they would be taken care of. The list goes on.

Nothing this religion says or does at this point would surprise me.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Every CA I ever attended was discouraging.

Doc

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Magnum, that would require the kind of transparency that once sees in many of "babylon's" churches. Not gonna happen.

• Magnum
    Magnum

JWdaughter, I agree that it ain't gonna happen. The org is deceptive, contriving, manipulative, etc.

• Saename
    Saename
    Magnum - James Jack, sorry, I meant to hit the "Like" button, but accidentally hit "Dislike". You make an interesting point. I would love to know their real financial position.

You can still hit the "Like" button, and your dislike will be terminated, and, instead, a like will be added to James Jack's post.

StarTrekAngel - (please read this while you imagine Stephen Lett reading it)

Dear brothers,

What a wonderful job we have in spreading the good news of the Kingdom. It is certainly a privilege to participate in the many aspects of preaching the good news. One of the many privileges we have is contributing to the world wide work thru financial support. We have always cherished our ability to make voluntary donations. James 1:17 partly says that every good thing we have comes from above and don't we thank our father for providing us with everything we need. And since we know that everything good that we have comes from Jehovah, are we not more than ever confident that he will continue to provide?

The Governing Body has been carefully considering the implication of such providence and has come to realize that we have not fully understood God's will in this aspect. If everything good that we have, including but not limited to our time and financial means, come from Jehovah, it means these things belong to him to begin with.

In keeping with the prophecy of the Faithful and Discrete Slave, Jesus said that he would appoint us over all his belongings. Therefore, we feel it is reasonable he expects us to responsibly manage all his belongings, including the ones he has already given you.

We are excited to announce a new arrangement that will not just help, but ensure your continued support of the world wide work. Along with this letter, a new form has been provided to the elders and will be distributed at the end of this meeting. It will allow us to withhold a percentage of your paycheck and be transfered as a donation to the world wide work fund.

Off course, this will remain a matter of consciousness but in an effort to not stumble anyone who may think we are tithing, like the despicable practices of Christendom, we have set up the form with a checkbox for you to select the percentage. Therefore, you will not find a checkbox for 10%, only 20% and upwards.

We rest assured you will prayerfully consider just how you can continue to contribute to the preaching work in this manner

Your brothers... Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses

PS

This postscript should not be read to the congregation or posted on the information board.

Arrange for this letter to be read to the congregation in the next midweek meeting.

This form should be made available to all publishers, both baptized and non-baptized. Elders should account for the number of forms filled out. If anyone did not fill out the form or was not present during the announcement. Efforts should be made to make sure they are made aware of this new arrangement. If after such efforts are made, the publisher did not return a completed form, we should consider the instructions provided in the Shepherds of the Flock of God book, regarding our appreciation for the spiritual provisions. Such publishers should not qualify for privileges in the congregation. Namely working the microphones or serving as book study assistants.(please read this while you imagine Stephen Lett reading it)

This literally felt like reading a letter from the actual Governing Body—with a small exception that the Watchtower letters and publications, to my knowledge, rarely contain grammar errors. Still, the language (the jargon, really) your letter uses imitates perfectly the Watchtower.

On a further note, though, the Watchtower would likely end the letter accordingly: "We rest assured you will prayerfully consider just how you can continue to contribute to the preaching work in this time of the end."

• Gayle
    Gayle

WT always has "shifty shiftings"

• Saename
    Saename

Shifty shiftings? You mean shitty shiftings?

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

LOL Saename. I was pretty sure I made some mistakes. My English is second hand.

• RobertT18
    RobertT18
    Wonder what it is. Hoping it's something that upsets my father and finally leaves the cult.
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain

The announcement is going to be, that the GB/Org MUST sell off many of its Kingdom Halls that are distributed around the world.

They are going to say that this "sell-off" has nothing to do with the "work" slowing down, or that we are still very much in the end of this system.

They are going to blame it on "necessity" of the financial burdens that it takes to "run" an organization that is spread around the earth.

They are going to say that we ALL must sacrifice at this time, too. Therefore many will have to travel further to their new Kingdom Halls, as many congregations will need to be consolidated do to the selling off of Kingdom Halls.

They will then say, we know this may be an additional burden on some, but we should always be willing to "sacrifice" for Jehovah. This should NOT be a reason to leave the Org, or no longer attend the meetings. Instead we should firm up our resolve, further determining to serve Jehovah.

In truth this announcement will be made to COVER OVER what is REALLY going on. The BORGs plan of "taking over" Kingdom Halls by "forgiving" mortgages so that the BORG can actually OWN the properties, is now reaching its final phase.

This IS the sell-off and cash grab, as the BORG IS in financial downfall, and due to lawsuits and MANY other reasons, they need the money from the sales of these Kingdom Halls.

This is what this announcement will be about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit