Rumor: Discouraging news from GB at upcoming CA?

by bohm 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

An apology for being stupidly and socially irresponsible in trying to protect the image of the JWS organization, causing reprehensible grief and despair for many adults and children

I don't think so.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Pinatas flying in the breeze attacked like those molested bees

again the dark lords show their might declaring them to be new light

and so we wonder what's the news listen for the fat cows moos

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

It's interesting to read all the replies.

stuckinarut > Whatever this is, it would be unlikely that anything major would be announced at a small circuit assembly!

Unless they'll do anything to avoid the usual media attention at the big conventions, especially when their reputation is concerned.

But... more likely to be something local, like Gayle said.

Rumors... so exciting, aren't they?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

This sounds similar to the rumor that went around right before the Zone Visit in 2014: brace yourself, your faith could be shaken.

I suppose the "faith-shaking" event there was watching one of "Christ's Brothers" impart critical information about living in the end of the end of the end of the end of the end of the end of the end of the end of the end of the end of the end of the end of the end of the end of the end of the Last Days:

"Beware of tight pants."

Yes, "faith-shaking" indeed.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

" The WTS/JWS organization has been run by lying corrupt and devious charlatans operating their own publishing house, so stay at your risk and peril "

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Maybe they will be asking for much bigger donations so they can continue to pay the court $4000 a day?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Saying:

there will be news from the governing body. Don't let this news discourage you, nor let it lead you to leaving the congregation.

Is something that would NEVER be said by a CO or something coming from Bethel.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

It would be very nice if it will cause my JW family to leave the Watchtower.

• sir82
    sir82

Pfft.

Probably going to ask for even more money to be contributed by that particular circuit.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I do remember a big announcement at a circuit assembly here in the states, that we would no longer be charging for literature at the door and it would switch to a "donation arrangement." There was no good reason given, but the real reason was that religious institutions were going to start being taxed by the federal government for all sales.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit