When was your last Kingdom Hall meeting?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

I openly rejected that thing in 2006 by buying a Ouija board

and how was that experience with contacting evil spirits ?

he he

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

I've been POMO for about 20 years. But I stayed with my mom who is still in just before going back to college in 2011. I went to meetings with her because that was the unsaid price of staying with her but also because it was good for me to know that I could do it. I went for several weeks while I stayed with my mother and I think it is also good to know that muscle memory and nostalgia can be dangerous for us corrupted folk. It was so easy to get back into the routine that I grew up with. While I could hear every ounce of BS and see all the behaviors for what they were, it would still be really easy to fall back into the patterns I learned in my formative years. Before that, I had thought that I might be able to be casual about it like you can be with other religions. But no, it is definitely something to stay away from. That was really good to know.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

2010...........can't recall beyond that.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RULES & REGULATIONS:

Wow, I can’t even remember when I was last in a kingdom hall.

It probably was at a memorial in the early or almost mid 2000s. I was in my ‘Fade’ then and might have been keeping up appearances for the few friends I was hanging onto. I recall that a douchebag sister sarcastically asked me what I was doing there and I responded with a witty answer of my own.

The whole thing was cringeworthy and I couldn’t stand being there.

• Overrated
    Overrated

After years of putting up with the demands of elders, self righteous people wanting favors for cheap. All the gossip. At age of 28 I walked out and never came back. An elder made contact with me to come back, but I told him " I'm too broke to be a Jw". He didn't have much to say after that.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When I left around 14 years ago, as I walked out of the K.H, I looked back and thought " I shall never enter that place again" . Well I did. Two or three times, but only for Funerals.

I simply could not muster the strength to suffer the pain and boredom of an actual J.W meeting, the pain coming from not being able to shout out " This is all False, Deluded Nonsense !" or something similar.

I doubt I will attend another Funeral, not that the last one was too bad, they seem to have mellowed a bit , and at least some of the content was a Eulogy to the Departed one, but I still find the experience excruciatingly painful, for the above reasons. I should really, I suppose, be able to suffer it like I do other Religion's Funeral Services, but it is different for me, a J.W one.

I wish all the best to you poor sods who are "awake" but still have to attend !

• Syme
    Syme

6 years ago. It was a usual meeting, I didn't know then that it would be my last. I was PIMO long before, I was posting here already. I just needed a push. That push was learning that a friend had just DA'ed. I thought, that's it, I should at least have the courage, if not to DA as my friend, to completely drop out.

• minimus
    minimus

It’s been about 17 years?? Went to my mom’s and brother’s funeral services. Soooo glad I’m out!

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

I am happy to be able to say that my last Kingdom Hall meeting is so far in the past that I cannot recall when it was (other than somewhere in the first third of the year 1994).

• My Name is of No Consequence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit