Another Newbie

by Drifting Away 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Drifting Away
    Drifting Away
    Hello, I have been lurking for a while, but discovered TTATT for about 8 months now. I am trying to fade out, Problem is I have a big family I would lose if I got DF'ed or DA,'ed myself. My wife Knows how I feel, and is not thrilled but I cant hide my feelings. There is so much I have learned these past few months it is incredible. I was brought up a JW, so kinda just went along with it. Anyway, I will give my full story one day, but don't want to say too much now. Look forward to chatting on these boards..
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Welcome
  • freddo
    freddo
    Hello! Welcome to you.
  • Bugbear
    Bugbear

Drifting away!

I faded about 20 years ago. Now I am DA.éd. My entire family (6 children) are also saved. Still my wife is in!!! But I guess spiriually week - since non of her family members like her behaviour. Saying this only to assure you that you are not lonesam.

We still wait for her...... But I know her friends (in cong.) means to much. She suffers from cognitive dissonance.... But her cong. is shrinking rapidly...

You must take it easy and never confront your wife or relatives with your knowledge of ttatt... Just wait and say that you are sick have depression or anything

Bugbear

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Welcome! Lots of new ones joining! That's great!
  • SpiritualGal08
    SpiritualGal08

Hello Drifting Away~Welcome to our forum. Please remember this, the Organization thrives on fear--fear of losing your family and friends, fear of losing your life at Armageddon, fear of losing Jehovah's approval, fear of never doing enough.FEAR, FEAR, FEAR!!! Well, ENOUGH of the FEAR! We were not meant to live in fear nor were we meant to live a life without joy. The life JW's live is one of being an automaton, mind-controlled being told what to think, do, and how to act. Do you REALLY think that is a life of JOY? JOY is one of the FRUITS of the Holy Spirit...how many Witnesses do you observe truly living as one who has the Holy Spirit based on the FRUITS of their lives? Joy is missing from their lives as is LOVE! Is fear really worth living like that?

There are only two options with F.E.A.R.: 1. Forget Everything And Run, or 2. Face Everything And RISE!

Together, we can be the light helping others to see their way out of the darkness that surrounds those still in the organization who see no way out. I encourage you to continue your journey (as you feel comfortable) to reach out and with each step, it will become easier and easier to step into your power, taking back your life. I lost all my life-long friends and my family when I left the organization when I was df'd eight years ago. It has only been in the past year or so that I have fully been able to shake the effects of the mind control with the guilt, shame and fear so I know it is a process. But once I made my stand, allowed myself permission to get off the proverbial fence to take my power back and live MY LIFE, without being concerned with what THEY thought of me, I have truly felt free.I am speaking MY TRUTH. So while it does take time to totally break free for most of us, each step I took along the way, no matter how small, has lead to where I am today...know you are important, and your life is YOURS and you CAN have a relationship with Jesus, the Angels, and God if that is what you desire without being part of the Organization.

I share this not just for you but for everyone who is considering the first steps of mentally disentangling themselves from the bOrg...remember, the magic happens just outside your comfort zone. You must face your fears and decide if you want to spend the rest of your life living in that fear or outside of it...the choice is yours and we are here to support you in your journey.

All the best

• My Name is of No Consequence
  • GoneAwol
    GoneAwol
    Hi Drifting Away! Always trust your feelings. You have them for a reason. Take it easy, keep digging and learning. Welcome to the world of the real.
  • millie210
    millie210

Hi Drifting Away,

I completely understand about your being reluctant to say much. Its fine to just lean in to things instead of leap.

Lots of wonderful listening ears and good friends await you here on this forum!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome Drifting Away:

I wrote the following for another poster who wanted to spare a young man from getting DA or DFed.

What may be of help is to have a superior position as your one and only reason to step away from all things JW.

There is growing knowledge about an on going pedophile problem in the JW world.

Children are being sexually abused by other JW's posing as a friend of the family or a brother in good standing and the problem extends to some of the Elders as well. The sad truth of the matter is that the policy of the WTBTS has been and continues to be to hide this problem to keep their righteous appearance in the community. To achieve this end result there is an impediment in place when the local Elders are informed that a JW child has been sexually abused. It's called the two witness rule and is enforced if the pedophile denies the crime.

By stressing this Old testament rule they in effect hide behind this two witness rule and by confining the investigation they can and do sweep the crime under the table.

So the recent Australian Royal Commission (still investigating) is looking into religions that have an ongoing history of covering up their sexual child abuse problem.

The commission, or ARC for short, has found that under the direction of the WTBTS child sexual abuse calls for two witnesses If the abuser denies the charge. Since 1950, when records were first mandated to be kept by the congregations to the present day, shows that their were 1006 cases where a JW was accused of molestation with as many as 1800 total victims (pedophiles are serial abusers) and not a single case was ever reported to the police!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6276815245017088/australian-royal-commission-findings-released

I feel that this issue, which is being reported about world wide by TV media, in newspapers and through the actual televised hearing's of ARC that this issue is one of the best ways to discourage the Elder's from getting involved with you. Plus gives you the high moral ground.

If you are sickened by this and stick to this one issue and say nothing further against the JW's they are not going to be able to deny that this has been happening and continues to this day.

When Jesus rebuked his disciples from blocking the children from coming to him he said in Matt 19:14 "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Apparently the WTBTS thinks the kingdom of heaven belongs to them even though they are hindering the children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit