2 outrageous quotes from The WT Society

by GabeAthouse 19 Replies latest jw friends

• GabeAthouse
    GabeAthouse

"CAN THE ETHIOPIAN CHANGE HIS SKIN?", Feb. 15, 1904 Watch Tower

We answer, No. But all will admit that what the Ethiopian cannot do for himself God could readily do for him. The difference between the races of men and the differences between their languages have long been arguments against the solidarity of the human family. The doctrine of restitution has also raised the question. How could all men be brought to perfection and which color of skin was the original? The answer is now provided. God can change the Ethiopian's skin in his own due time.

Prof. H. A. Edwards, Supt. of Schools in Slater, Mo., has written for the public press an elaborate description of how Julius Jackson, of New Frankfurt, Mo., a negro boy of nine years, began to grow white in September, 1901, and is now fully nine-tenths white. He assures us that this is no whitish skin disease; but that the new white skin is as healthy as that of any white boy, and that the changed boy has never been sick and never has taken medicines. (p.52-53)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Jehovah's Witness Missionary and a Talking snake - 1967 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses:

"..a large crowd were following a man with a talking serpent. The serpent gave greetings and spoke in foreign tongues. A brother went to the house and as soon as he entered the serpent went silent. The man yelled "a magician has entered the room!" The brother replied: "Is that a serpent or demon that is talking to you? Since God created man not one serpent has talked except one in the garden of Eden....his serpent remained silent and the man left...later he was eager to get some literature..."

• Biahi
    Biahi

What a crackpot religion. 🤮 But it’s the truth! Lol

• GabeAthouse
    GabeAthouse

The talking snake story reminds me of that Looney Tunes Frog who sings and dances for the man who found him but goes silent around anyone else.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

That's just the tip of the iceberg. No wonder they have to get rid of old spiritual food after it expires.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Neat blue, that’s why they are printing less, we can keep hard copies for “proof”. But videos, etc. can just be “updated” when they need to aka 1984.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

That teaching, or suggestion that black people could turn white in the Kingdom is completely outrageous to us in the twenty first century. However, back in 1904 it must have seemed impossible that black and white people could live together as equals.

The scriptures were clear that the message was for all men , so what was solution? Why, turn them white of course! Problem solved……

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Tell a Jobot and they'll just say that it isn't true. They will claim it is all 'Apostate(tm) driven lies and forgeries.'

You can't argue with a sick mind. Joe Walsh tried and look what happened to him!

• Mum
    Mum

So, maybe white people could turn black, too. What about Asians and Native Americans? Their existence is not even acknowledged. Hispanics are already considered white? If God picks a race for everyone to turn into, I am amazed that he would choose the white one.

I just have no words for the talking snake story.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

'The Ethiopian' lol

This crap is so crazy I just gotta laugh at it

Blackface 'Jazz Singer' still influencing modern cinema 90 years after  release - ABC News

'Me sad because me can't change me skin'

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    "The face of the deep, of course, would be toward the Pleiades, which are claimed to be the habitation of Jehovah." (Creation; 1927; 2,175,000 ed.; p. 94)
    "The constellation of the seven stars forming the Pleiades appears to be the crowning center around which the known systems of the planets revolve even as our sun's planets obey the sun and travel in their respective orbits. It has been suggested, and with much weight, that one of the stars of that group is the dwelling-place of Jehovah and the place of the highest heavens;..." (Reconciliation; 1928; p. 14)
    "The constellation of the Pleiades is a small one compared with others which scientific instruments disclose to the wondering eyes of man. But the greatness in size of other stars or planets is small when compared with the Pleiades in importance, because the Pleiades is the place of the eternal throne of God." (Reconciliation; 1928; p. 14)

They were, are and always will be mental patients not in proper care but lauded as Gods.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit