question..

by fried 12 Replies latest jw friends

• fried
    fried

hi.

i have a question. i am not a jw but i was in a jw chat room earlier today and had something in my profile regarding a dying angel. a few people asked me if i understood the significance of a dead angel and before i could say no, i was kicked out of the room.

i didn't know angels could even die... in any religion. can someone please explain how this was offensive?

thanks

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Fried (great name), um.....more than likely, given the JW mindset, it doesn't take much before someone gets bent out of shape, and suspect you are an apostate or some anti-JW person.

Here, things are quite different.

First off, this is a website for mostly ex-Jehovah's Witnesses. Yup, we're the bad ones.

Anything that remotely appears to be opposite to 'their' (JW) thinking/teaching/doctrine, you're going to be called on it, and more than likely, they'll suspect YOU are one of us: a lovely apostate .

There will no doubt, be a few members of this forum, who may be able to give you a more in-depth explanation of why they may have been so bent out of shape re: dying angel.

Anyways Fried, I hope you'll hang around on here.

Take a look at some of the doctrinal threads/LINKS section. There'll be stuff in there, that you probably won't see on a JW board/chat room.

Take care, and again: Welcome to the forum.

• smack
    smack

We ain't the bad ones, we are just drawn that way

:)

Steve

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Hello and welcome!

A dying angel... Hmmm.. I have no idea! Angels are only gonna die when they will be kicked out of heaven and destroyed at the end of the 1000 years of peace, right? So a dying angel would have to be an adversary of Jehovah god, and so that would mean they are a follower of Satan. Or so my bet would be. But, I'm sure I will be corrected by some one

-

And the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum
    Dutch District Overbeer

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Hey fried,

Those angels sure need a lot of loving attention - I had some down in the backyard some years ago - not enough water, wrong fertiliser - and sure enough, the little buggers up and died on me. Last time I'll have 'em around my place.

cheeses - often referred to as angelic.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Fried, Viv gave the basic answer in the JW logic, (boy is that an oxymoron). Because the Duds are so paranoid, and terrified of anyone who might try to entice them to do evil, it would be hard for a non-J-dud to make it in a Dud chat room. Many active but confused duds get bounced out too! Their Masters just have them looking over their shoulders for the boogieman all the time! Maverick

• rocketman
    rocketman

Yep, as Maverick and the others point out, it's sheer paranoia. Welcome to the world of jws.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I must take this opportunity to welcome you to this forum....welcome fried!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Welcome to the forum, Fried.....and if you're not "in on" the witlesses criteria for acceptable speech/acceptance, it's very easy to ellicit shunning from them....they DF'd you from their site, cher....congratulations!

Frannie B

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

welcome to the forum, fried!! stick around, it'll be quite the educational experience ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit