Why is Jesus Depicted as the Warrior at Armageddon on just a Horse with a Bow and Arrow ?

by RubaDub 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I never understood this. The WT depicts Jesus, the all powerful one to destroy evil, being depicted as using a bow and arrow from a horse. That seems like something from medieval times.

In todays world of nuclear bombs, precision laser directed bombs and advanced military technology, does a bow and arrow really put a fear into anyone?

Why not a particle beam cannon or a fusion disintegrator of righteousness?

Then Jesus could be yelling out to the enemies, "I can blow the nuts off of a fly a million galaxies away if I just think about it."

That would definitely put more fear into the enemies and I personally think that would be a better visual.

Rub a Dub

• sir82
    sir82

Cover of the next 2019 Watchtower: "Jesus say, 'Come at me, bro!' ":

Image result for pictures of rambo

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Is Jesus depicted as one of the four horsemen I think he is according to JW doctrine? Who’s to say that he really is one of those horsemen?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Because he is angry for being hung on a stake. Still Totally ADD

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

It is an error to consider the document from a modern perspective.

Any ancient document has to be viewed from the perspective and context of the author's world view. When the Revelation was written, the writer would normally imagine events and actions within the framework of his world view. To go beyond that would mean he was producing something like what we cal sci-fi, which risked his audience seeing it all as unreal.

• dynamiterose77
    dynamiterose77

I had to giggle at these finds

• atomant
    atomant

Maybe if jesus was depicted with a Mohican hair cut and tatts riding on a horse with bow and arrow would have more impact and show he meant business.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If the Bible really was the word of God ,then you would think their would be stuff in there that was far beyond the technology of the writer of the day.

But apparently Jehovah had no idea himself what humans could develop technology wise.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Just a bow and arrow.

When a bullet goes into a human body, that is gruesome. But, by God, when an arrow goes into a person, that is beyond gruesome. I have seen it and it is not easily forgotten.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Don`t forget the loving God Jehovah sent men into battle with a two edged sword with the command kill everybody man,woman,and child ,and don`t let your eye feel sorry for them .

Can you imagine running a two edged sword into another human being ,let alone a child ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit