Watchtower Contradictions

by nicolaou 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

"We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatry-be it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol or the imputing of salvation to a person or an organization." The Watchtower, 11/1/1990, p. 26

"identifying themselves with Jehovahs organization is essential to their salvation." Our Kingdom Ministry,
    11/1990, p. 1

C'mon, I'm sure you've got your own favourites.

Nic'

• LDH
    LDH

Nic,

I'm content to be flabbergasted at yours!!!!

Lisa

• Funchback
    Funchback

LOL!

And they had the nerve to say that in the same month and year.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Watchtower 1989 January 1 p12 - The hand of Jehovah was with them.

( Magazine edition ) The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century.

Watchtower 1989 January 1 p12 - The hand of Jehovah was with them.

( Volume edition ) The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our day.

http://www.escapethewatchtower.com/Deceiving_the_Flock.htm

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Nic and Hamas -- great work!

Nina

• Latin assassin from Manhattan
    Latin assassin from Manhattan

Congratulations Hamas - You finally put up some facts.

Let's see how long this will last.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Quote from Awake!, May 22nd 1994 Issue, Page 2:

Youths Who Put God First

In former times thousands of youths died for putting God first. They are still doing it , only today the drama is played out in hospitals and courtrooms, with blood transfusions the issue . _____________________________________________

Quote from The Watchtower, December 1st 1998 Issue, Page 14:

Jehovah's Witnesses have been targets of false accusations-- barefaced lies and twisted presentations of their beliefs... The accusation that numerous children of Jehovah's Witnesses die each year as a result of refusing blood transfusions is totally unfounded.

• LDH
    LDH

dmouse,

My mouth is hanging open! You too, Hamas!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

This one's a little more subtle, it's from the 'Daniel' book

On page 177, paragraph 25, we read; "The 2,300 days constitute a prophetic period. Hence a prophetic year of 360 days is involved. (Revelation 11:2,3 ;12:6,14) This 2,300 days, then, would amount to 6 years, 4 months, and 20 days".

But shouldn't the 2300 days be equal to 2300 years? Back on page 96, when discussing the 2520 days, we read; "Since the 'seven times' are prophetic, we must apply to the 2,520 days the scriptural rule: "A day for a year".

Why apply the scriptural rule to the 2520 but not the 2300 days?

Nic'

• Hamas
    Hamas

Latin

Is that your head I see up your arse ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit