Hair-raising Tale!

by Free2Bme 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Monica
    Monica

TR, That's a good one! It's strange for me to think of the town that happened in!

• Free2Bme
    Free2Bme

TR
    I had a messed up family situ like that.
    My cousin had his eye on my brother's fiancee.Tried to lure her off but no go . After they wed he became a regular visitor at their home.They had a gorgeous baby and a lot of debts and were both still in their teens(you know how it is in the JW's everyone races out of school straight to the alter!)Get the picture it wasn't all rosy.So cousin Superbuddy suddenly stops going to meetings.My bro who was always weak warmed to this different uncertain side 'cause he never really was into the perfect pioneer one. Next thing Cousin suggests they go out...pubs...clubs etc.They both stay out all night and make up some cock'n'bull story to my S.I.L.
    So what do you think happens next? Cousin goes to the elders and my S.I.L and all hell breaks loose.Despite my bros denials that any serious wrongdoing went on the elders went with the elder's son story and bro was DF'd.
    OK so he shoulda seen that coming but God he was 19 with debts a wife and baby!!
    So S.I.L says she doesn't want a non-witness hubby and drops him.Enter comforting cousin whose car was parked outside her house all the time.Of course he had returned to the fold and resumed his perfect pioneer persona.I was well impressed.My bro took an overdose in my flat while she dated our cousin and the loving advice I got from the elders who came to counsel me for giving him a roof over his head-exact words: "tell him he's not welcome over your doorstep".
    To my eternal shame I did as well.
    So bro dissapeared from my life.S.I.L married my cousin and cut me out of my nephew's life which is a subject too painful for me to tell yet.Assemblies were fun.Half of our family ignored eachother.Cousin and wife stopped attending assemblies for a couple of years(no kidding) just so I couldn't see my nephew and to give him time to forget me(enough I am choked even after all these years)
    If that is christian love then shove it.

Sorry didn't mean to blurt out all that but it was the shittiest time of my life .

Free

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Lots of gossip. (hehe)

My father was not a Witness for most of his life, but my mother, sister and I were. He had a gas station that wasn't too far from the Kingdom Hall my sister attended.

Years ago, having a gas station was NOT a profitable business. The margin of profit per gallon of gas was about 1/2 cent. Also, the lease rates applied by the oil companies would go up whenever more gas was sold. Therefore, the major source of income for any gas station owner/operator was in repairs.

Trying to be nice, my father would do oil changes and repairs for the local brothers, thinking that he would try to do them a good deed because they were ministers and all. One day he happened to notice, however, that one of the local elders, after receiving his free oil change and tune-up, went across the street to buy gas. When my Dad asked him about it, he said that the gas was 2 cents cheaper across the street. This is after receiving over $100 in free maintenance on his car.

Also, around Christmastime, my Dad would put up a small tree in the gas station--mainly for his employees. The local elders showed up at the station to blast Dad out for having a pagan Christmas tree there (remember that my Dad was NOT a witness at the time).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit