Blood transfusion policy debunked with one KM and one scripture

by Debunk 6 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Debunk
    Debunk

From Nov. 2006 Kingdom Ministry p. 3

Title: How Do I View Blood Fractions and Medical Procedures Involving My Own Blood?”

“How Do I View Blood Fractions and Medical Procedures Involving My Own Blood?

The Bible commands Christians to “abstain from . . . blood.” (Acts 15:20) Thus, Jehovah’s Witnesses do not accept transfusions of whole blood or the four primary components of blood—namely, red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, and plasma. They also do not donate or store their own blood for transfusion.—Lev. 17:13, 14; Acts 15:28, 29.”

According to this, if the act of receiving blood fractions from donated and stored blood violates the Bible’s command to “pour its blood out”, then it wouldn’t matter whose blood it is, whether that of yourself or anybody else. The Bible doesn’t say you can eat the blood of someone else's animal, but not of your own. Leviticus said, “you must not eat the blood of ANY sort of flesh…”

Not that the blood policy makes sense anyway, but it's possible to use the JW/Watchtower's rules against themselves.

(Leviticus 17:13, 14) 13 “‘If one of the Israelites or some foreigner who is residing in your midst is hunting and catches a wild animal or a bird that may be eaten, he must pour its blood out and cover it with dust. 14 For the life of every sort of flesh is its blood, because the life is in it. Consequently, I said to the Israelites: “You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh because the life of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Many Jw's donate their blood regularly every time they go to a hospital or lab and have their blood drawn. The only purpose in having a 'blood test' is to help the medical profession determine if there is a disease or some sort of medical condition existing in the person.

What happens to that blood after it is used for diagnosis?

just saying!

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Good logic Debunk, for there is no consistency with the WT stand on the blood issue. Nor is there any with the bible either. If the blood of an animal is so sacred and must be poured on the ground, what the hell is going on here?

“Slaughter it, take some of its blood and put it on the lobes of the right ears of Aaron and his sons, on the thumbs of their right hands, and on the big toes of their right feet. Then sprinkle blood against the altar on all sides.” (Ex 29:20)

And why doesn’t the WT ban the eating of fat?

“All the fat is the Lord's. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live: You must not eat any fat or any blood.” (Lev 3:16-17)
  • Nevuela
    Nevuela

eyeuse2badub Having your blood drawn in order to be tested is not even remotely the same as donating blood to be used in a transfusion. Once your blood sample has been thoroughly tested, it is promptly disposed of, NOT given to someone else.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub
    Nevuela5 hours agoeyeuse2badub Having your blood drawn in order to be tested is not even remotely the same as donating blood to be used in a transfusion.

Nevuela, you make a good, but very obvious point. So according jw ideology it's perfectly ok and, in fact, normal, to give your blood (donate) to a medical facility in order to improve your own health situation. But it's a sin worthy of death to give your blood to help improve another persons health. Hmmmmm!

According to jw ideology, isn't the only "proper" use of blood for sacrifice or to be poured out on the ground?

According to jw ideology it's ok (matter of conscience wink wink) to accept "blood fractions" that were extracted from the blood of another person, but it's a sin punishable by death to donate any blood from which blood fractions could be extracted to help another person. Hmmmmm!

just sayhing!

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

WT policy never made any sense to me. I haven't had my blood card for about 4-5 years now.

• cofty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit