Will they change the Yearbook format?

by freddo 18 Replies latest jw friends

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Correct! Stats are on pages 173-177 of the 2016 Yearbook in PDF format.

• sir82
    sir82

Try it on wol. jw .org. I can't see it!

• baker
    baker

The videos they showed this summer "prove" that the big A is not just around the corner, but it is banging on the basement door.

• millie210
    millie210

How did they possibly manage to show a 1 per cent growth in the U.S.?

Is that true?

• Gayle
    Gayle

Actually, for 'Avg.' Pubs, U.S. had '.7%' increase, but was rounded up to 1% in Yearbook.

Regarding "Peak" Pubs." from 2014 to 2015, was a .9% 'decrease'.

• sir82
    sir82

How did they possibly manage to show a 1 per cent growth in the U.S.?

There is still growth in the Spanish-language congregations. Much of it is due to immigration, and there are still a few "progressive" Bible studies who eventually become publishers.

There are, I would estimate, ~300,000 Spanish-language JWS in the USA. Their growth rate, due to immigration and limited field service response, is almost certainly what keeps the USA numbers above 0%.

I strongly suspect the number of English-language JWs in the USA has been declining for a decade or more. But the immigration / growth in Spanish (and other) language congregations masks it.

• millie210
    millie210

Thank you Gayle and Sir82.

Your answers make sense.

New question is in my head now...since the Spanish rates are keeping things afloat how long can this last?

I had heard rumblings that the Spanish are getting more and more disenchanted and not staying as "in the lines" as the more

Anglo/Puritan based/Protestant derived, U.S. brothers (this would include the GB).

• Zaccheus
    Zaccheus

Actually, Millie, although second generation Latinos in the US are likely to follow the same course as their Anglo counterparts, the steady flow of new immigrants will easily balance that out. And so far among Latinos in the US as well as Latin American countries, JWs have a fairly good reputation in their communities. There isn't as much stigma against JWs, and in some places JWs are the most popular religion next to Catholicism.

• sir82
    sir82

Yep, Latino kids "raised in the truth" get into just as much trouble, and leave the religion at just as high a clip (60-80%) as their non-Latino counterparts.

Heh - if Trump gets elected, and comes remotely close to implementing his "deport 'em all, let God sort 'em out" policy, the count of JWs in the USA will probably drop 3 or 4%.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit