I turn my back on it all

by CruithneLaLuna 21 Replies latest jw friends

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

Dear Brooke,

Indulging in something is not necessarily a bad thing. Indulging in a hefty slice of cold watermelon on a hot day, for example; or indulging in surfing the Internet when everyone including yourself can think of more "useful" things that you might be doing. Indulging in (what was I talking about?) talking about the evis of the bOrg and how our experience with it hurt is definitely necessary - up to a point. I did not mean to be critical of others, just was saying that reading or writing about such topics, for me, fairly quickly reaches the point where it is doing more harm than good, and my suggestion (pls note carefully my word choice) to all is, while let's all do as much of it as is truly necessary, let's concentrate as much as possible on more positive stuff, and work on replacing moaning over the past with joyous participation in the moment and productively working toward future goals.

Words like "indulgent" and "self-indulgent," while related to the verb "indulge," carry shades of meaning that I didn't intend. Those words are your interpolations; I don't recall having used them.

Please don't call me inconstistent because I occasionally write about my experiences, and one day yes I may write a book about them and/or the experiences of others. I would hope to thereby achieve the following goals: 1. help document the various ways in which the JW dogma and falling under the org's control harm individuals and families, and thereby society as a whole; 2. concentrate on recovery after leaving, and recount some of the paths that different people have followed, by which they have gained happiness and various kinds of success after leaving the org.

Friendship and regards,

Cruithne/Enhtiurc

• little witch
    little witch

Cru, Welcome to the board.

You are not the first one to come in and say basically, move on..

You will be suprised as you go, how many feelings lie dormant, and will later come out.

Now as for your statement about ''poor little me'' posts, a little education is in order.

For many people here, the JW's effect a great and important part of their lives, especially those whom still have family in. Indeed, there are a few who still have spouses in..They live this everyday, in torment.

There are ones who were terribly abused in a miriad of ways, who are still suffering greatly, yet come here and tell the untellable, to help others to understand that they are not alone.

They are not ''poor little me's''. They are the bravest, strongest, and most brutally honest of posters who have nothing to gain and everything to lose by speaking.

I hope you will choose your words more carefully. Your pity is not required, your understanding is.

Again, Welcome to the boards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit