Here's a view on homosexuality for you...

by konceptual99 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    Jesus was not the peace loving hippy Christians would like to make him out to be. He was a misogynistic, racist, war mongering, sycophantic a-hole.

^^^^ This ^^^^

• DJS
    DJS

Doubtfully,

Whatever empathy I had for you and your current marriage situation has been lost with the narrow minded, hate filled views you have shared about the LGBT lifestyle.

Horrid? Really? They probably would say the same thing about two obese heteros mating. At least I would. And I'm straight. Well, mostly.

I'm glad that people like you are dead men (and women) walking. You are soon to be extinct from the planet, and that is a most excellent thing, as the generations coming after you do not share your hate filled views. And I'm thankful that the SCOTUS and the leaders of most of our Fortune 500 companies and countries do not share your narrow minded views. Keep them to yourself. Or prepare for the consequences.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Truthseeker DATA-DOG is right, technically as a Christian all sins are as one...paid for by the blood of Christ should you ask for forgiveness in his name. There is no mention of one being worse than another - the Watchtower got that wrong ( obviously a Franze BS issue)- except for the mysterious " unforgivable sin against the holy spirit" and frack knows what that is!!
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

The Jesus, and self exclaimed proclaimers that " homosexuality" is a sin, should read his words. Yes the words " attributed" to Jesus never spoke of homosexuality.

i don't know much about being homosexual, but I do know in modern theatre, even " Macho" men like Pacino, are more relaxed about themselfs than most here who judge. Watch Pahinos portrayal of a homosexual in " Dog Day Afternnon" the guy like all " homosexuals" doesn't need to prove his masculinity to no one.

And neither do Elton John nor George Michael, both of whom I have met. ( I grew up in watford and new George Michael as a friend of my brother, Elton from the chippy ( when I was a boy off 12 I used to go to the chippy)  and in that chippy more than once after watching many a Watford football match Elton used to come in and talk about the game...the only difference from George Michael & Elton to me is they made something of their life's, and took a a lot of media crap a long the way. They were Pacinos, character in dog day Afternnon, they were relaxed about their sexuality. In my opinion people to admire. I don't judge George Michael picking up people in toilets, it's a persons choice. And to like partners of the same sex is not a crime nor is it a reason to hate. However that sort of thinking I believe comes from the more primitive past and our Jehovers Witness mind indoctrination,Today our movies and our entertainment industry's no longer ban a screen kiss, or lyrics about sex, and It's time for many Religions to also grow up...if those Religion dont grow up then they are only promoting hatred.

The Rebel.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "The most viciously savage language regarding homosexuals that I've ever heard has come from JWs. Pretty much, the higher the 'position' of the JW, the more vitriol they spew."

IMO, there's always some unreconciled (and highly related) private conflict brewing under the surface whenever you see that.

You know, like hyper-conservative anti-gay Republicans.:smirk:

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    Sorry DJS, that thumbs down was intended to be a thumbs up. I guess I'm just all thumbs today . . .
  • steve2
    steve2

I'm with DJS on this issue. Doubtfully Yours, I would have thought that you would be less reactively judgemental about people you appear to know very little about. You seize upon the more public behaviour of some gay men and women - and use that as a justification for passing judgements. What about straight men and women who engage in public displays of affection? What about men who hold women's hands?

I am in my early 60s, and I can still feel a twinge of sadness and resentment that if I dared showed my life partner any affection in public (even just holding his hand for god's sake!), people like you would seize upon it and tell us to keep it private.

I am over the FOG (fear, obligation and guilt) of my JW upbringing - and will speak out and name bigotry when I see it.

• Simon
    Simon
    Jesus was not the peace loving hippy Christians would like to make him out to be. He was a misogynistic, racist, war mongering, sycophantic a-hole.

Really depends if you are talking about Jewish Jesus or Rebranded White Jesus.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Coded Logic - "Jesus was not the peace loving hippy Christians would like to make him out to be. He was a misogynistic, racist, war mongering, sycophantic a-hole."

Gosh, Code, don't hold back...

...tell us how you really feel.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Anyone who takes their morals from an ancient book written by ignorant goat herders should keep their opinions strictly to themselves or face ridicule for the stupidity they promote.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit