• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Let's add to the following list

JWs are mistaken when they believe the Bible teaches:

1. that their leaders somehow represent the Faithful and Wise Servant

2. that the book of Revelation is about them

3. that Jesus presence (parousia) began in 1914

4. that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE

5. that there are two classes of Christians (anointed and non-anointed)

6. that God's personal name is known

7. that the name Jehovah is in the New Testament

8. that making God's name known involves telling people God's name is Jehovah.

9. that whole blood transfusions are outlawed in scripture.

10. that something scripturally significant happened in 1914, 1918, 1919, 1925 or 1975

11. that the tribulation spoken about in Matthew 24 is future

12. that WTS leaders can interpret the Bible properly

13. that less than 150,000 faithful Christians existed prior to the 20th century

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

To be fair, many religions have the same or similar mistaken ideas.

Nearly all believe they are THE True Belief (even though they will be ecumenical when necessary for appearance).

Some have some ideas that are perhaps even stranger than the JDubs, Can you say "magic underwear"?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Bible is a Mumbo Jumbo package. Hence it's impossible to have any correct interpretation.

• cofty
    cofty

I would put the ransom at number one.

The Jesus of Paul and the Gospels died in place of sinners. The Jesus of the Watchtower died 'to buy back the value of Adam's perfect life'.

The difference is crucial - pun intended.

• cofty
    cofty

EverApostate - don't you think that threads should be allowed that assume the authority of the bible as a premise for further conversation?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I agree with you about most but not about divine name. I believe it was used by the early Christians, including their writings, and that Jehovah is a legitimate form of the name.

Plus there does seem to be biblical grounds for believing there will be rulers and subjects in he kingdom, hence two “classes” of believers as such.

The “generation” probably deserves a mention on the list too.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I would say that no protesting church or organization has the authority to interpret the NT.

It is a catholic book written and compiled and preserved by the catholic church.

The catholic church told the world that it is the word of God. I think that the WTS would have to prove that the catholic church really did lose their authority with their book AND prove that they really did restore what , if anything was lost/corrupted by the catholic church, I have never seen any of this proof.

ttwsyf

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

JWs are mistaken when they believe the Bible teaches that foreigners were not participants of the law covenant.

(the 'slave' teaches this in order to create a type/antitype for the 'anointed' and the 'other sheep.' wt 98 2/1 p.19, par. 6) Deuteronomy 29:10-15 rejects this false teaching.

@ COFTY - the intolerance of some people when Bible topics are raised, is very disheartening to many here IMO.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@ Slim

Thanks for your input. I agree, Jehovah is a legitimate form of God's name which means there are others which are equally acceptable. So it really does not matter which legitimate form one chooses. Moreover it simply confirms that we don't really know what the original Hebrew name was in the first place. Perhaps God has hidden His name in both testaments for a reason. And to me it's not the name that matters, but the person for whom the name stands.

The WTS version of the 2 class system is entirely bogus from a scriptural standpoint. There are no Christians who are not born of and indwelt by the Spirit of God, or who are not imputed Christ's righteousness and who are not part of the New Covenant in His blood. Rewards and position are to be determined in the judgment.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

14. that Jesus did not die a substitutionary for mankind.

15. that each person's death is payment for sins committed.

16. that foreigners in Israel were excluded from the law covenant.

Note: Please reword if items are not accurately expressed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit