This is the BEST Video i have ever seen on the name YAHWEH.

by Greybeard 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Greybeard
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Really stupid to say the least, all full of speculative and emotional theory

Here is the real ancient Hebrew alphabet

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Yeah your right, I must be smoking something, I like that "speculative and emotional" stuff... I can see the Y in everything :) I thought it was a cool video and different take on the name. Maybe if JW's ever change their name to this more accurate name, maybe they will use a video like this. I Believe YAHWEH should be used if the Watchtower agrees it is more accurate, I know the WT does, I am not going to look it up now but I know they admit Yahweh is more accurate then Jehovah. I seen them say it in on JW'org videos. They use Jehovah because it is more popular but thats not the command from God, he said to make his real name known. Is using a inaccurate name like Jehovah making the true name of God known? I was disfellowshipped for asking these types of questions.

• intropist
    intropist

I'm deeply moved by your valuable post.

Hallelu"YOU"!!!

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Thank you... I am nobody!

HallELu YAHshua and YAH-WAY

Even the serpent has a Y at the end of his tongue.

"It's a beautiful mystery ... can't you see? It's a beautiful mystery... yeah...."

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

It's fascinating that the GB bans birthday celebrations because it's pagan, yet birthdays are not mentioned in the 613 commands of the mosaic law. However they argue this point because in their view 'its Pagan' and hey God's people MUST be accurate even in small things.

Yet, when it comes to the most important name in the universe...They use an inaccurate name ...Why? Because it's popular. If they are so obssessive about being accurate, why do they not use the more accurate name YAHWEH, which even they the GB have admitted to in their own literature. Incredible!

• Bobcat
    Bobcat
    "They use Jehovah because it is more popular . . ."

This is the very reason I give when someone asks me why I still use the term "New Testament" (instead of "Christian Greek Scriptures").

• oppostate
    oppostate

It is so laughable that some folks still think Yahweh is more accurate than another. Which one is more accurate, to pronounce Jesus as Djeezuhz in English or as Haysoos in Spanish? Does it matter if the Aramaic was more like Yeshwa? And we insist on Spelling these with a Y instead of a J then weren't Y and J letters not even used for those sounds 2000 years ago?

One can only laugh heartily and fart in the general direction of such ignorance!

• Splash
  • UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

This is an interesting video about god's name!.

https://youtu.be/VUo8mqXvt3A

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit