Robert King aka e-watchman

by RolRod 19 Replies latest jw friends

• RolRod
    RolRod

There have been a few post about Robert King, the first was 16 years ago, the last was 9 years ago.

Just to the let the old timers here know, he's still at it. And for you newbies, Robert King who wrote "Jehovah himself has become King." He has several websites e-jehovahs-witness and e-watchman as well as podcast, and YouTube channels. He was disfellowshipped some years back. He claims to be anointed. He's been active online since the 90s, gathering a following for himself. He actually believes he's a modern day prophet. All his material, whether written or media, reads, looks and sounds like a Watchtower.

He believed that Jehovah's Witnesses are God's true people, the Israel of God. And just as the Nation of Israel had good and bad kings, so modern-day Israel, aka the JWs have had bad kings or in this case bad Governing Body.

He writes with authority and has quite a following. Just as the GB writes about themselves throughout the scriptures. King himself does the same, only he applies the negatives towards the GB. e.g. when Jehovah speaks about punishing Israel for their misdeeds, he would apply those verses to the GB.

He believes he is Jehovah's chosen to enlighten Jehovah's Witnesses. Ad I stated, he has a following and these people hang on his every word. They have replaced "the Society says" or "did you read the latest Watchtower?" with "Robert King says" and "have you read that article by Robert King?" Or "Robert King wrote about that ...".

He'll tolerate disagreements for a little while, but if you get his followers thinking and he thinks you're misleading his flock he will just ban you. That was my case back in the 90s and then again recently.

I'll post something contrary, people will question me, I'll answer them. Some will say "that's not what Robert King teaches" and then share a link. Or Robert will shut down your account.

Sad that these people have a need to follow someone. Many are either xJWs or PIMO. I just call them fools.

RR

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

He believes he is Jehovah's chosen to enlighten Jehovah's Witnesses.

If Robert King is a spokesman and a chosen one from Jehovah, maybe Jehovah would give him a better hairpiece.

He writes with authority and has quite a following.

Britney Spears has a large following. That doesn't make her a great singer.

Sad that these people have a need to follow someone. Many are either xJWs or PIMO. I just call them fools.

Lloyd Evans has many followers. Just another self-promoting nut-job who thinks highly of himself.

• Simon
    Simon

The only difference between some lone 'nut' and a large organized religion, is one was lucky to happen to be in the right place at the right time and caught on. A century later, they have millions of followers but fundamentally it's the same nonsense, one isn't more inspired or correct or wrong than the other. As long as you reach a certain size, it becomes pretty self-sustaining unless the leadership really messes up.

Leave it a millennium and you may have grown to billions of followers. Same shit, more bureaucracy built up around it. More tentacles into government and society to feed itself.

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Wasn't he known as "You Know" or something similar on H20?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Here’s a view Biblical thoughts for those that cannot think for themselves and insist on following a person or group:

Isaiah (2:22 NET) gives a stern warning: “Stop trusting in human beings, whose life’s breath is in their nostrils. For why should they be given special consideration? This is in line with Jeremiah’s quote (17:5): “This is what Jehovah has said, Cursed is the able-bodied man who puts his trust in earthling man and actually makes flesh his arm, and whose heart turns away from Jehovah himself. Yes, governments, kings, religious leaders, important people and the super rich cannot be trusted. They do not have the interests of the people at heart, but are focused only on their own interests. The psalmist reinforces the argument: “Do not put YOUR trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs. His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; In that day his thoughts do perish” (Ps. 146:3, 4). Or phrased differently: “Do not trust in princes, or in human beings, who cannot deliver!” (Ps. 146:3 NET).

• TD
    TD

Wasn't he known as "You Know" or something similar on H20?

Yes. Some might still remember how thoroughly he was into the idea that Y2K would be the apocalypse. Even promised to quit prognosticating if he was wrong.

He participated here under that name too.

A fairly typical example:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/33147/financial-doom-judgment-jah

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

It's curious how people like this keep coming up. I've read a bit about P S L Johnson and even had some of his books at one time. This guy sounds much the same.

• RolRod
    RolRod
    dropoffyourkeylee, he actually reminds me of David Pack, who started the Restored Church of God, an offshoot of Thr Worldwide Church of God aka Herbert Armstrong.
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sad that some ex-Witnesses feel they need to hang on to a new cult as a crutch.

• RolRod
    RolRod

They want so much to believe that's they're special and chosen especially after serving the Society for so many years that they'll do anything to justify themselves

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit