The Ray Franz Saga

by snugglebunny 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

RF was one of the younger members of the gb. At morning worship it seemed as if he was the one always doing the talking. Very gifted speaker and very popular, liked and very respected by young bethelites even in comparison to the older gb. NHK was having health problems and so in timing with that the different comittess were formed and his power was distributed to the committes,

Everyone was expecting 1975. Work hours were long and so was the work week and the comitment was for 4 years. !975 passed and there wee a lot of unhappy people that wanted to leave but could not because they signed uo for 4 years, so 1n 1976 the change was to 1 year and in May1976 all those unhappy counttry boys and Californians, etc packed up and went back home. Some stayed a year or so longer and then when nothing happened -or whaetver the reason-, they also went back home. In 1977 NHK died. (closed casket if I recall)

RF had his way of looking at things and had his on way of thinking on how things should be done different from powerful old timers (such AS) and RF would not go along. FF would be appointed as the next wt president. RF did not go along with majority and wanted to go in a different direction.

It is very easy just to tell someone to go along with flow it is different when it happens to you and then it is not so easy. Seems that RF got overpowered , go angry and the left.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Fisherman: have you ever read Crisis of Conscience?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

The story told by Martin Merriman and Derek May reveals the frozen turd-filled hearts of the GB and how desperate they were to cover up the Ray Franz fiasco. Forcing brothers out because they asked questions. Entire congregations in Ireland were devastated by the unreasonable treatment of well-loved elders.

I've watched the video several times. I feel quite informed about the nature of this "Christian" outfit.

Marina

• Hecce
    Hecce

It seems like there are two different eras on the R. Franz saga, one before coming to Bethel; during that portion he was a Corporate man and behaved like any CO, DO, BO and any other JW in a position of authority.

At Bethel it appears like he tried to correct what he saw as needing mending, the most relaxing period of the WT was during his stay at the top during the 70s.

After his departure, he kept changing for the better; friends who visited him and his wife over at GA spoke very highly of their warmth and caring attitude. Whoever dealt with him during the later stages of his life, left with a good impression.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Fisherman: have you ever read Crisis of Conscience?

Like other apostate versions, cc merely presents the author's position, while wt literature also contains conclusions subject to error, the difference is that wt is guided by God's "unerring" Holy Spirit -so wt claims.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Whatever "spirit" the WT has it sure does make an awful lot of errors.

• Stuck in the middle37
    Stuck in the middle37
    I was in Oklahoma at the time. The thinking among the elders in that area was that Ray was involved in trying to introduce new or different thoughts about the heavenly class, and was doing it by translating it into Spanish literature.
    I knew little about Ray only heard a few of his talk, it meant little to me.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

lot of errors.

wt doctrine is on target. Timing was off

• Lieu
    Lieu

Nah, the Bible is on target, not the "WT doctrine". Therein lies the problem. Sad really if you don't know what's wrong with your comment ... if you even consider it a Christian sect.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Nah, the Bible is on target, not the "WT doctrine".

You speak Greek do you? WT doctrine is about interpreting the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit