Dear God,

by punkofnice 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I miss you. You were supposed to be a hope in bad times. Where did you go?

When I was in my darkest hour you weren't there. Your servants told me it was because the fault was mine; that I didn't have enough faith in you. Nothing was further from the truth. I had total faith that you would rescue me in my darkest hour. It was atheists and those that do not believe in you that helped me through. Your servants were useless, less than useless, so I just want to say, thanks for exposing who you really are through those ones.

I miss the hope of eternal life in heaven or upon earth that you gave to me. But, you failed miserably. A life without you is no different to a world with you. Your promises failed. Your servants reflect your arrogance.

After investigating you, I realise that you are either callously indifferent or do not exist.

I miss you, but then, you never existed, did you? If you did, I wouldn't be making these conclusions.

Yours PJ

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Been in that same place.

Came to that same conclusion.

I so much wanted to believe!

Doc

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light
    Need a second witness before he act. ;)
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

As soon as I came to the realisation that the god of the bible did not exist, it was a huge relief to me.

After all as Richard Dawkins said, the Jehovah of the Bible is : "..... arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust , unforgiving control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

So I was glad he was gone.

I soon came to the conclusion that if there was a Supreme Being She might as well not exist, as far as I was concerned, She made no difference to my life at all.

The only thing I missed was when I was in my most "spiritual" moments, being awestruck by the beauty of the Earth or the Cosmos, I had no one to thank for that beauty.

When I was a JDub my prayers were rarely requests, simply praise for the Universe.

I miss that somehow.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DOC - It sucks, don't it, blud!

CFL - I guess he does.

Phuzzy - Someone put a dislike on your post, I wonder who...........probably god :)

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Punk.... That was such a sincere O.P.

I think we once bought into the idea of God, and we created or had created for us the character " JEHOVER" , and the less questioning we did about this creator the more he existed.

Punk once upon a time you replied to my O.P with a video of who I believe your real self is.That was a video of yourself as a punk rocker on stage ....now that is the punk who I like as a person, not the rebellious ex-witness who lost his faith in God....So what I am saying is in our society we don't need 2,3,4 or five sides to say " Dear God" exists or not, our life is more important than that...and PUNK, I think you are a great poster and the way I see it is the W.T society is like our mum and dad, they had a huge " negative" effect on my past, but not on my future ....

The Rebel :- Dear God, I am me and I may not be who you wish me to be, but I am me and Iam different from your Watchtower followers so I left them. I hope you exist and accept me for who Iam, but believing in you through the W.T interpretion has made me a unhappy person, so I have chosen to be me, and the W.T has made me believe you don't exist, but you are always welcome to reveal yourself to me...if not its your fault not mine"

The Rebel.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

The idea, found in the gospel of John, that God is a father and we are his children, waiting to be one day reunited with God in heavens, where eternal life with Christ and our brethren awaits, is just very appealing. The notion of a caring father who is looking after us all the time, and yet respects our free will and our choices is comforting... too bad it ain't real. What a disappointment. What a freedom.

Eden

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Oh poop, I've upset Her then Punky.

At least She reads my posts ! I wasn't sure anyone else but you ever did, now god is ! Great !.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

But Phizzy, we must get past the anger of leaving and think in now to our death is not long....and I don't want to be an ex-witness with anger . Personally I now think when I die it is the end of my existence, so I think my revenge to the W.T is to loose my anger and disalusiment and enjoy learning to spell.......translation life is a happy famIly life which the W.T hasn't taken from me....but it was a long fight.

The Rebel.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Reb, Eden, Puzz - It's a double edged sword. The realisation that we're alone and have to sort it all out ourself. It's crap knowing that death is the ultimate end, nothing after. Very sobering and quite a horrid thought. Not that I'll bother when I'm dead....but still.......blimey!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit